i3 4330
Graphics
GTX 770
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello guys wanted to report a success on installing Os X Lion on this laptop. I know that it is an old machine since it was made back in 2009 but i wanted to cover the possibility if someone was interested about it and since i haven't found any guide for lion it is a good idea to make one.

Reporting: nearly everything works

--Sound: works with vodooHDA from multibeast.
--Graphics: work natively with GraphicsEnabler=Yes.
--usb ports: work.
--Vga input, card reader and trackpad are working (not multi finger for touchpad).
--Bluetooth works so does the webcam.
--Ethernet: unknown yet as i don't really use it.

BUT WIFI DOESN'T work
If someone is interested i have a cheap solution for wifi (D-Link Wireless N150 DWA-125 dongle ) which works perfectly with the drivers from this website http://www.ralinktech.com/en/
chip RT3070.

INSTALLATION STEPS

1.The installation was really easy and fast . Simply put a usb dongle made with UniBeast on your laptop (also include MultiBeast and the ralink wifi driver).

2.On boot press F12 select the USB drive and on Chameleon bootloader write down the commands: "GraphicsEnabler=No -v" in order to boot to the installation screen.

3.When the installation screen shows off select Disk Ultility format your drive with Mac OS X extended journaled.

4.Go on with the installation and when it finishes boot from the usb drive again and on bootloader type : -v -x and boot to the operating system.

5.Then open MultiBeastt from the usb drive and check the UserDSTD or USDT-Free Installation,then check the box in drivers-> auido->universal-> vodooHDA

6. In drivers-> Misc-> PS/2 Keyboard/Mice and trackpad press continue , install and then reboot.

7. You should now be able to boot without the UniBeast drive straight to the operating system where you can now install the dongle wifi drivers from the website i mentioned on the reporting

8.Reboot and now everything should be working including the wifi !!!! :))))

NOTES AND MY OPINION

I am currently using this laptop with os x lion for the past 5 months and i have to report it works perfect without any problems!!:headbang: It is faster and more responsive than it was on windows. I have upgrated the hard drive with an SSD and connected it to an external display. I am also using apple's magic mouse and wireless keyboard for the full os x experience!! :D :D It is just amazing since it is my first hackintosh. :D
So concluding it is a very nice experience overall. And if you ask me it is worth it to install os x on this laptop since it is easy and you have nothing to lose.

If someone is interested and has any question ask freely!! ;)

EDIT: I don't have the laptop, since i sold it but if someone needs help ask xD

Hi giannis,

Thank you for this post. I wait for this for so long.
I have an IdeaPad y550p and I nearly give up with installing Mountaion Lion until I see your post.
Can you please help me to install it. Base on your infor can you help me to clear something?:

1.The installation was really easy and fast . Simply put a usb dongle made with unibeast on your laptop (also includemultibeast and the ralink wifi driver).
My question: Can you help me with the link(to download dmg)I should use to make the USB installation.
Actually I tried in the past with many files but I cannot boot to install screen (the computer keep reboot again and again ...) so I need the details for this.
6. In drivers-> Misc-> PS/2 Keyboard/Mice and trackpad press continue , install and then reboot.
My Question:Is that mean Choose Mice and trackpad.

Thousand of Thanks : )

Hi giannis,

I have an IdeaPad y550p and I nearly give up with installing Mountaion Lion until I see your post.
Can you please help me to install it. Base on your infor can you help me to clear something?:

1.The installation was really easy and fast . Simply put a usb dongle made with unibeast on your laptop (also includemultibeast and the ralink wifi driver).
My question: Can you help me with the link(to download dmg)I should use to make the USB installation.
Actually I tried in the past with many files but I cannot boot to install screen (the computer keep reboot again and again ...) so I need the details for this.

DMG? See: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/10/unibeast-install-mac-os-x-lion-using.html

Hi giannis,

My Question:Is that mean Choose Mice and trackpad.

Thousand of Thanks : )

Hello, thanks for feedback and sorry for deleyed answer, i forgot to subscribe to the thread :/
So lets start!
I currently don't have the laptop, since i sold it in order to build a pc-hackintosh. As far as i remember i could install only LION with the unibeast way (shown on tonymacx86 guides)which worked by the way like a charm and NOT MOUNTAIN LION. But what i remember is i somehow installed mountain lion (it was a year back i don't remember details). I was experimenting "unofficial" ways in order to do, as i bought mountain lion and didn't want my money to "waste" xD

So your questions now:
1.There is no DMG, just the official OS X Lion/Mountain Lion from the app store and unibeast from tonymacx96
2.PS/2 Keyboard/Mice and trackpad Yes in order to make the laptop trackpad/keyboard work so as you understand you will be needing an external usb mouse/keyboard for the installation.

As for Mountain Lion i am going to smash my head :banghead: and remember what i did in order to install it, as i understand your problem.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back