Contribute
Register

Lenovo G710, Two Finger Scroll and Brightness doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo G710 / HM86
CPU
i7-4702mq
Graphics
HD4600 /820M
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,
I've install Mac OS Yosemite 10.10.2 on my Lenovo G710. Almost everything is working properly, but two finger scrolling and Brightness Control does not work. I'm using RehabMan VoodooPS2Controller for my touchpad.
Also, can i use my 3D controller from nVidia or Mac OS doesn't work with Haswell Intel+nVidia Graphics?
Can some one help me.

Please update complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

It will help others to find the solutions for your issues.

Hi guys,
I've install Mac OS Yosemite 10.10.2 on my Lenovo G710. Almost everything is working properly, but two finger scrolling and Brightness Control does not work. I'm using RehabMan VoodooPS2Controller for my touchpad.
Also, can i use my 3D controller from nVidia or Mac OS doesn't work with Haswell Intel+nVidia Graphics?
Can some one help me.
Check whether the Scrolling option is enabled under Sys Pref ==> Trackpad

Which graphic hardware you are using (Intel HD/NVIDIA)?
If you are using Intel HD Graphics you can follow the below guide for enabling the brightness control

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ching-dsdt-ssdt-laptop-backlight-control.html

System: Lenovo G710, Clover Bootloader
CPU: Haswell
i7-4702mq/HM87 chipset (for the chipset i'm not sure, need to change my hard drive and check it on my windows)
Graphics: HD4600, 1600x900
If you need something else just tell me. I don't have much experience with Hackintosh System!

i7-4702mq/HM87 chipset (for the chipset i'm not sure, need to change my hard drive and check it on my windows)
If you need something else just tell me. I don't have much experience with Hackintosh System!
You should have to update the above details in your profile/signature. Everytime everyone cannot come back and check your details from posts.

Believing that now your laptop is running with fully enabled INTEL HD 4600 with maximum supported resolution and VRAM through CLOVER's Graphics injection.

For enabling brightness control, you required properly patched DSDT/SSDT in place along with ACPIBacklight.kext installed.

For extracting and patching DSDT/SSDT, you can follow below guide;
http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

For enabling Backlight Control, you can follow below guide;
http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ching-dsdt-ssdt-laptop-backlight-control.html

Will try the guides you gave me, and will post the result here as soon as i can.
In System Preferences --> Trackpad shows me "No Trackpad found".

Hi guys,
Can some one help me.

Which trackpad is in your laptop?

The discrete graphics capability in a switched dual-GPU configuration is not supported with OS X on hacks. Best you can do is disable the discrete part with SSDT/DSDT patches.

Elan touchpad.

Search for ps2 drivers for ELAN.
I install Elan Touchpad Kext 3.8.5, download the kext from another site so i'm not going to give a link.
Thanks.

I'll try to create the DSDT and SSDT now and soon will put the the result.

EDIT: Well i need some help with DSDT and SSDT, after i copy the SSDT and DSDT files to another folder, use the iasl -da -dl *.aml command and now what i should? How should i use them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back