ati 5165
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello!
Couple of days ago i decided to try my luck and install Yosemite on my old core i3 laptop.
Everything went fine im pleased with the install but there are couple of things that im not able to make them work, first the dedicated GPU (Geforce 610m 1gb) the integrated intel gpu works just fine.
The the dedicated gpu shows up in system info but i think i need to install the correct kext file (wich i was not able to find) in order to make it work, because is recognized as a gpu but it doesent show the name or the memory.
And second the battery, the status doesent show up at all, when i enable it in power management it shows up crossed for couple of seconds and the box unchecks .
So if you are willing to help me with these two things I will be graceful for life.

Not a Desktop - Moved to Laptop Support.

Hello!
Couple of days ago i decided to try my luck and install Yosemite on my old core i3 laptop.
Everything went fine im pleased with the install but there are couple of things that im not able to make them work, first the dedicated GPU (Geforce 610m 1gb) the integrated intel gpu works just fine.
The the dedicated gpu shows up in system info but i think i need to install the correct kext file (wich i was not able to find) in order to make it work, because is recognized as a gpu but it doesent show the name or the memory.
And second the battery, the status doesent show up at all, when i enable it in power management it shows up crossed for couple of seconds and the box unchecks .
So if you are willing to help me with these two things I will be graceful for life.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Yes, but i cant find the correct kext for my specific gpu

You will need to do the research. I have no experience with your hardware.

Likely need to inject Nvidia, use correct SMBIOS, and inject EDID.

Google is your friend.

You will need to do the research. I have no experience with your hardware.

Likely need to inject Nvidia, use correct SMBIOS, and inject EDID.

Google is your friend.
Tank you that's a start, i will try and see what comes out of it.
I got to say this is my first experience with hackintosh and it's preety amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back