Contribute
Register

lenovo g550 ALPS TRACKPAD GOES CRAZY...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how can i fix this?

Thanks! that thing with kernel works:headbang::D

But i stil have a problem with trackpad... Can you tell me which is original kext for trakpad on yosemite, so i can delete it and install new one.

Thanks! that thing with kernel works:headbang::D

But i stil have a problem with trackpad... Can you tell me which is original kext for trakpad on yosemite, so i can delete it and install new one.

There is no "original" support for PS2 trackpads in Yosemite. Apple does not use PS2 in its own products, therefore no drivers.

You need to search for a ps2 driver for ALPS...

i can't understand that... in 10.8.2 it was work perfectly... i even use the same kext and here just won't work... i try now for 20 different voodops2 kext and noting... it is really annoying problem... :oops::banghead:

i can't understand that... in 10.8.2 it was work perfectly... i even use the same kext and here just won't work... i try now for 20 different voodops2 kext and noting... it is really annoying problem... :oops::banghead:

You need to find a kext that is compatible with your hardware and is built/tested for Yosemite.

but there must be some kext installed allready that trackpad even work (incorrectly) but work. So can i delete this kext? (and which one is it?), so the trackpad(maybe even keyboard) would stop working entirely. And then i will try to install new ps2 kext.

You think that would be possibly? Because i think there must be some corrupt file in the system that won't allow ps2 to work like it is suppose to work.

I once install some ps2 (it was install like program not kext) and it was some how installed on both partition (yosemite and on 10.8.2) and than trackpad on 10.8.2 start acting exactly the same like on yosemite. And then i was not able to fix this not even with the kext that was previously work. I try other kext to and nothing but fresh install was not able to fix this problem. But on yosemite fresh install don't fix the problem.

but there must be some kext installed allready that trackpad even work (incorrectly) but work. So can i delete this kext? (and which one is it?), so the trackpad(maybe even keyboard) would stop working entirely. And then i will try to install new ps2 kext.

You think that would be possibly? Because i think there must be some corrupt file in the system that won't allow ps2 to work like it is suppose to work.

I once install some ps2 (it was install like program not kext) and it was some how installed on both partition (yosemite and on 10.8.2) and than trackpad on 10.8.2 start acting exactly the same like on yosemite. And then i was not able to fix this not even with the kext that was previously work. I try other kext to and nothing but fresh install was not able to fix this problem. But on yosemite fresh install don't fix the problem.

In a vanilla install, there is no support for ps2 devices. But you may have placed a kext that supports it on your USB.

how? i youse installer OS X Yosemite Chameleon r2403 to make a usb. and there is no such option to select some kext or drivers for keyboard and trackpad.

how? i youse installer OS X Yosemite Chameleon r2403 to make a usb. and there is no such option to select some kext or drivers for keyboard and trackpad.

I have no idea what you just wrote. Chameleon is a bootloader only. It has nothing to do with OS X installation, or ps2 kexts.

If you use Unibeast to create your USB installer, it contains both a bootloader (Chimera) so that OS X can be booted (the OS X installer runs on OS X), and a set of kexts at /Extra/Extensions that provide kext support important for PCs (such as FakeSMC.kext). If you select "Laptop Support" these set of kexts include VooodoPS2Controller.kext (my fork) which supports ps2 devices during the installation process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back