Contribute
Register

Lenovo G510 Sierra/High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Will look into it. Another question while you are around. Touchpad gestures/scrolling are not working. I'm using the latest Voodoo PS/2 Controller v1.8.28. As far as I remember when I tried High Sierra first with this driver gestures and scrolling were working, so it's odd they don't on Sierra. How do I fix it?

Your trackpad is ELAN. Install appropriate PS2 kexts for ELAN.

I’m having trouble getting my Bluetooth to work. My device ID is 105b:e065. I removed all firmwares from brcmfirmwarerepo.kext, leaving only the one for my device id and replaced the IOKitPersonalities entry in info.plist with that from the injector kext. Then I installed from terminal the repo and patchram2 kexts to /S/L/E and after a reboot firmware is uploaded successfully without errors, but I get “busy timeout kextd wait bcm43142a0”. IOReg shows no firmware loaded. After reboot I got the following error:
Code:
IOUSBHostDevice@1a130000: IOUSBHostDevice::start: device descriptor request completed with 0xe00002d6 and bytes transferred 0
AppleUSB20HubPort@1a130000::resetAndCreateDevice: failed to start device
AppleUSB20HubPort@1a130000::resetAndCreateDevice: failed to create device (0xe00002e9), disabling port

So I decided to remove repo and patchram2 from /S/L/E and try BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext which I installed to /EFI/Clover/kexts. Firmware loaded successfully with no errors at all. IOReg shows firmware is loaded, but Bluetooth is still not working.

What am I missing?

Attachments

• archive.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 120
I’m having trouble getting my Bluetooth to work. My device ID is 105b:e065. I removed all firmwares from brcmfirmwarerepo.kext, leaving only the one for my device id and replaced the IOKitPersonalities entry in info.plist with that from the injector kext. Then I installed from terminal the repo and patchram2 kexts to /S/L/E and after a reboot firmware is uploaded successfully without errors, but I get “busy timeout kextd wait bcm43142a0”. IOReg shows no firmware loaded. After reboot I got the following error:
Code:
IOUSBHostDevice@1a130000: IOUSBHostDevice::start: device descriptor request completed with 0xe00002d6 and bytes transferred 0
AppleUSB20HubPort@1a130000::resetAndCreateDevice: failed to start device
AppleUSB20HubPort@1a130000::resetAndCreateDevice: failed to create device (0xe00002e9), disabling port

So I decided to remove repo and patchram2 from /S/L/E and try BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext which I installed to /EFI/Clover/kexts. Firmware loaded successfully with no errors at all. IOReg shows firmware is loaded, but Bluetooth is still not working.

What am I missing?

BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext does not load any firmware.
Your kextcache shows BrcmPatchRAM kexts are not installed.

For correct kext installation procedures, please read post #2 of the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext does not load any firmware.
Your kextcache shows BrcmPatchRAM kexts are not installed.

For correct kext installation procedures, please read post #2 of the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

The reason BrcmPatchRAM kexts are not installed is I tried only with BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext and as you wrote on your Readme.md file this kext shouldn't be used with BrcmPatchRAM kexts.

After installing BrcmPatchRAM kexts device is shown in IOReg, but it's not working and on boot I get busy timeout[0], (60s), kextd wait (0): 'BCM43142A0'

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 115
Last edited:
The reason BrcmPatchRAM kexts are not installed is I tried only with BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext and as you wrote on your Readme.md file this kext shouldn't be used with BrcmPatchRAM kexts.

After installing BrcmPatchRAM kexts device is shown in IOReg, but it's not working and on boot I get busy timeout[0], (60s), kextd wait (0): 'BCM43142A0'

Your USB configuration is not correct.
See FAQ for guide links:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Hi,
If I may, did you end up getting everything to work? I'm looking into making my old G510 a hackintosh for my first one. Did you follow a specific guide to do this? Ahhh help!

Hi,
If I may, did you end up getting everything to work? I'm looking into making my old G510 a hackintosh for my first one. Did you follow a specific guide to do this? Ahhh help!

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Last edited:
I want to install mac os which should i have to install
Lenovo G510
Core i3 intel 4000m
4GB Ram 500GB HDD
intel HD 4600 internal Graphics

I want to install mac os which should i have to install
Lenovo G510
Core i3 intel 4000m
4GB Ram 500GB HDD
intel HD 4600 internal Graphics

Your system is supported by Mojave (10.14.x) but can run OS X as old as Lion 10.7.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back