Contribute
Register

Lenovo G500 Compatibility, please help a newb!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Combinations tried so far:

GenericUSBXHCI, 7-series USB without Multiplex:
-with -gux_defer_usb2: no USB detection, proper sleep and wake up
-without -gux_defer_usb2: USB detection, instant wake, USB reconnects upon wake

GenericUSBXHCI, 7-series USB with Multiplex:

AppleUSBXHCI, 7-series USB without Multiplex:
-no USB detection, proper sleep and wake up

AppleUSBXHCI, 7-series USB with Multiplex:
-no USB detection

Using GenericUSBXHCI and no USB patch, USB devices will stay connected after wake up, Sleep will only work if you have the charger plugged in, otherwise, instant wake, no crash (and USB reconnection). On all others where sleep works, it works with or without charger.
I think the crash after wake up issue was solved with the _WAK patch.
In all combinations where USB works, if I boot without having anything connected to USB, the webcam won't be detected. If I boot with something connected, it will be detected.

Combinations tried so far:

GenericUSBXHCI, 7-series USB without Multiplex:
-with -gux_defer_usb2: no USB detection, proper sleep and wake up

So, with -gux_defer_usb2 is probably your end-goal. Just need to make USB2 work, I think...
Check BIOS, EHCIacquire, EHCIhard...

GenericUSBXHCI, 7-series USB with Multiplex:

Not a valid test. GenericUSBXHCI should not be used with Multiplex patch.

AppleUSBXHCI, 7-series USB without Multiplex:
-no USB detection, proper sleep and wake up

AppleUSBXHCI, 7-series USB with Multiplex:
-no USB detection

This could still be BIOS /echi acquire issues...

Using GenericUSBXHCI and no USB patch, USB devices will stay connected after wake up, Sleep will only work if you have the charger plugged in, otherwise, instant wake, no crash (and USB reconnection). On all others where sleep works, it works with or without charger.
I think the crash after wake up issue was solved with the _WAK patch.

_WAK patch should be always used. It works around a bug in OS X having to do with _WAK process...

In all combinations where USB works, if I boot without having anything connected to USB, the webcam won't be detected. If I boot with something connected, it will be detected.

What version of GenericUSBXHCI? Where did you get it?

It is your latest version of GenericUSBXHCI.
I'm going to try using GenericUSBXHCI, 7-series USB without multiplex, -gux_defer_usb2 and some other fix flags...

It is your latest version of GenericUSBXHCI.
I'm going to try using GenericUSBXHCI, 7-series USB without multiplex, -gux_defer_usb2 and some other fix flags...

Sounds like a good plan.

Here are the results:
-gux_defer_usb2 EHCIhard=Yes, no usb detection, no webcam
-gux_defer_usb2 UHCIreset=Yes, no usb detection, no webcam
-gux_defer_usb2 EHCIacquire=Yes… ALL USB ports work! Even the right side one! Webcam works, even if you don't have anything plugged to USB from boot. Sleep works with and without charger, perfectly working if you use the charger, reconnects USB drives if you are running on battery, but that's not an issue really. Even the card reader is detected (but doesn't work… yet) The only thing is, of course, all ports are running as USB 2.0, not USB 3.0.
EHCIacquire=Yes, I don't remember what happens with this, but it's not as good as with -gux_defer_usb2
USBBusFix=Yes, (without -gux_defer_usb2) USB 3.0 ports working, webcam working, instant wake with or without charger, right side USB port not working, card reader not detected. A usb 2.0 bus appears on System Profiler, however, which is running via AUE while the 3.0 ones run via GUX.

So, can I get USB 3.0 enabled and keep the right side ports and all that goodness?

Here are the results:
-gux_defer_usb2 EHCIacquire=Yes… ALL USB ports work! Even the right side one! Webcam works, even if you don't have anything plugged to USB from boot. Sleep works with and without charger, perfectly working if you use the charger, reconnects USB drives if you are running on battery, but that's not an issue really. Even the card reader is detected (but doesn't work… yet) The only thing is, of course, all ports are running as USB 2.0, not USB 3.0.

Unless you have a USB3 device plugged in it will be connected as USB2...

So will it automatically switch to USB 3.0 if needed? I don't have any 3.0 devices to test it.

So will it automatically switch to USB 3.0 if needed? I don't have any 3.0 devices to test it.

In order to test USB3, you would have to use USB3 devices.

Well, to recap here's the current checklist:

Working:
-Trackpad with gestures
-Keyboard
-Accelerated graphics with HDMI video output
-Webcam
-Optical drive
-Internal hard drive
-Ethernet
-Screen brightness
-Power Management
-Battery Status
-Sleep from Apple Menu on Battery and Power Adapter
-All USB ports in 2.0

Untested:
-USB 3.0

Not working yet:
-Retain previous brightness after boot/sleep
-Screen brightness keyboard shortcut
-Card reader (detected)
-Audio
-Microphone
-HDMI audio
-WiFi

Might never work:
-Sleep by closing the lid
-Full range of brightness
-VGA output
-AR9485 WiFi card

Notes:
-Card Reader: detected as USB2.0-CRW, Product ID: 0x0129, Vendor ID: 0x0bda, Version 39.60.
-Audio: DPCIManager detects it as Audio Device 0x80861E20, Sub Device 0x17AA3977. AIDA64 detects it as HDA: Conexant CX20757, ID: 14F15115h/17AAC03Dh, Revision: 1001h
-Microphone: Should work once audio does, right?
-WiFi/AR9485: DPCIManager detects the AR9485, known to be incompatible, under PCI List, so I guess the mini pci-e port is working under OS X, so I should be able to replace it with another card once I flash the BIOS to remove the whitelist.

So now I'm trying to enable the audio. Followed this guide: http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1946-complete-applehda-patching-guide/ and got my custom patched AppleHDA, together with RehabMan's repo Audio Layout 12 patch. Not working :/
Somehow I managed to get the inputs/outputs listed on System Profiler on one boot (no sound yet), but I don't remember what that was… also I get some Sound Assertion message on the Console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back