Contribute
Register

Lenovo G500 Compatibility, please help a newb!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now I'm trying to enable the audio. Followed this guide: http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1946-complete-applehda-patching-guide/ and got my custom patched AppleHDA, together with RehabMan's repo Audio Layout 12 patch. Not working :/
Somehow I managed to get the inputs/outputs listed on System Profiler on one boot (no sound yet), but I don't remember what that was… also I get some Sound Assertion message on the Console.

Most laptops require "IRQ Fix" as well before audio works. But you shouldn't be surprised if you first attempt at patching AppleHDA didn't work. There are lots of places to make errors.

The thing is guides and patches tend to contradict not one another, but themselves, so I have no idea what's the right thing.

This forum post can't be right, unless I'm misunderstanding: http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1946-complete-applehda-patching-guide/?p=14128 because there's only one digit on the verb (the last digit) to hold the location information which can be two digits. The 7th digit seems like it can only be 0-3 but he leaves it as 9 on his example. The 6th digit seems like it can only be 0 (unknown) or 1 (1/8th stereo/mono) yet he leaves one of them as 3 (ATAPI internal) even when he mentions Apple doesn't use those and that they must be changed to 0. I must be understanding this wrong since other people in his thread have successfully activated audio using his guide. He seems to be right in that Conexant codecs don't seem to use Mixers which I found out, he also says that those codecs should patch layout12. So I downloaded a patched AppleHDA for another Conexant card to compare, saw that layout12 was the only layout with a different modification date so I suppose that's the patched one, all good. Then I went to the Info.plist inside AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext as EMlyDinEsH's binary patching guide says and found out that the ConfigData had all 10 nodes set to disabled! o_O How did this guy enable his sound card by disabling all Pin Complexes? The xml patching guide also omits some important details as to what sections can/must/must not be deleted, what's in hex and what's in decimal. Somebody please explain all this mess to me…

Alright, currently I have to decide *right now* if I'll buy this laptop or not, so as a last resource I tried using VoodooHDA 2.8.1 as the only other person on the internet with this sound card and osx86 made it work with that specific version and apparently got distorted sound with later ones, no idea, it was in german. So I install it and instantly, it works without even rebooting. I want to stress it so I'm installing GarageBand '09 from my iLife DVD (Logic Pro would take too long) to see if it breaks, but hey, it worked with everything and the mic, so as a last resource, I could use it and get internal audio working. Of course, I want to get AppleHDA working at the end because it's more stable and higher quality, so I'm wondering if there's some way to "extract" the working VoodooHDA codec data to patch AppleHDA with it? Or do they work in very different ways?

Thanks.

Sorry to triple-post, but here I am trying to get the last two things left working tonight:

As for the card reader, I've tried injecting the vendor/device IDs to Apple's card reader kext and using a thing called AnyCardReader.kext but neither worked. Any other methods? Not a deal breaker, though, I wouldn't have used it anyway since I use Memory Stick more than SD…

HDMI audio: The guides on here seem to require an AMI/Award BIOS, and by looking at the beginning of my DSDT and the information I got from AIDA64, I have a different BIOS. Would I still be able to use these methods or…? If I'm using VoodooHDA, that means I removed AppleHDA, would I have to bring it back to S/L/E? Wouldn't that cause problems? Right now I have a non-working "Digital-out (HDMI)" entry on my Sound prefpane, could I get this enabled by modding VoodooHDA, maybe also enable auto-switching that way?

In an unrelated note to that, I'm stuck with "Battery Is Not Charging" when it was working perfectly before. What's going on? (Edit: Fixed, I had changed the Battery management mode in Windows…)

That's all for tonight I promise...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back