Contribute
Register

Lenovo Flex 2 14 Mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did you get the adapter?

Hi.
Need bit advise for Flex 2-14. Tried 10.10.2 Clover install following HP install guide:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-install-yosemite-hp-laptops-clover-uefi.html
Creating usb install media used first method (2a version), made couple of partitions, MBR, Clover installed in first. Config list borrowed from: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/blob/master/config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist
With Clover everything went well, after couple of minutes loading i got install screen, continue with OS X installation. Problem name is that OS X installer does not finish the installation, in the end it’s informing “About 0 seconds remaining” and hangs, spinning wheel starts, restart not following. After “hard manual” restart system not finished/installed, Clover offers again new install….
Did read forums that sometimes it takes a while to finish and restart. Okay, left from home for couple of hours, after arrive the same, spinning wheel remains.
Should i try method 2b installer ? or change smbios example to MacAir 6,1 (6,2), what could be the reason of hang ?

Seems like version 2A creating automated installer is not suitable solution. I've made couple of installers from different appstore files, all the same, install always fail... "About 0 seconds remaining" no restart will follow. Don't know maybe all appstore files were just corrupted...
Now i created new installer by classical copy-paste method (in guide as method 2B), it worked well, 10.10.2 installed now, no any error messages.
Thanks for watching.

Seems like version 2A creating automated installer is not suitable solution. I've made couple of installers from different appstore files, all the same, install always fail... "About 0 seconds remaining" no restart will follow. Don't know maybe all appstore files were just corrupted...

At that stage it is just very slow. Takes way longer than 1 or 0 seconds. More like 15 minutes. You must have skimmed over that mention in the guide.

Now i created new installer by classical copy-paste method (in guide as method 2B), it worked well, 10.10.2 installed now, no any error messages.

That way is faster and without the awkwardness mentioned above.

But you don't get a recovery partition.

Thanks for the reply. I believe best recovery is compressed disk image backup, couple of minutes to copy and everything is back. Of course it does not resolve questions if you have open works etc, so you may lose some data, but i can take the risk and live without recovery partition. Also you can always try just install over the corrupted system, may succeed and maybe you'll lose nothing... you can backup your files and make later permanent recovery from early premade disk image.

Thanks for the reply. I believe best recovery is compressed disk image backup, couple of minutes to copy and everything is back. Of course it does not resolve questions if you have open works etc, so you may lose some data, but i can take the risk and live without recovery partition. Also you can always try just install over the corrupted system, may succeed and maybe you'll lose nothing... you can backup your files and make later permanent recovery from early premade disk image.

I don't particularly think the recovery partition is useful either, but I mention it just because some people want to make their hack as complete as possible.

Agree, some people just may want to have "hackbook" much similar as macbook....

You can never open an aml directly... always must disassemble in a group.
Strange, with Mavericks the iasl worked well, now i got error, what i'm doing wrong or 10.10.x does not have support for iasl ?
users-mbp:dsdt user$ iasl -da -dl *.aml
-bash: iasl: command not found

iasl -da -dl *.aml does not work
./iasl -da *.aml works like a charm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back