Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I successfully built my first Hackintosh using current technology. A great feeling but it prompts me to wonder how far back (in technology) I can reach and still build a Snow Leopard system. Suppose you didn't want the fastest system, rather, the cheapest. What P4 mobo would you choose? Which chipset, videod card, etc.?

Is your idea confined by what is still commercially available? TheJedi is a user who was trying to build a hack to those specifications, look at his signature?

Tom

nosake said:
I successfully built my first Hackintosh using current technology. A great feeling but it prompts me to wonder how far back (in technology) I can reach and still build a Snow Leopard system. Suppose you didn't want the fastest system, rather, the cheapest. What P4 mobo would you choose? Which chipset, videod card, etc.?
Apple never supported the P4 so getting it work might not be possible. The first CPU Apple supported was the Core in the original MacBook. So that CPU family should be your starting point.

Thanks to both of you for your responses. I'll begin simultaneous research on the Jedi as well as the MacBook. Just wondering if by Core you meant iCore or Duo ... .

nosake said:
Thanks to both of you for your responses. I'll begin simultaneous research on the Jedi as well as the MacBook. Just wondering if by Core you meant iCore or Duo ... .
The supported CPU families are:
Core
Core Duo
Core 2
Core i

nosake said:

This is TheJedi's sig:

MB: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L,
HDD: SpinPoint F3 HD502HJ 500GB,
CPU: E3300 (Celeron Dual Core 2.5 Ghz),
Case: CoolerMaster 310, DVD/Drive:
MSI DH-24AAS-17,
RAM: Kingston HyperX 2GB,
BFG GeForce 8400 GS,
PSU: Antec Basiq BP350.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back