4. Color Classic
  5. Plus
  6. Portable
  7. Power Mac
  8. PowerBook
  9. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks to tonymac and this community :clap: I've set up this budget oriented build (mixing new and spare parts).

HARDWARE:

Motherboard Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2L rev. 1.4

CPU Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 4MB Socket 775 Box

Corsair Kit 4096MB (2X2GB) 800MHz XMS2 CL5 Pc6400

Asus EN8400GS 512MB DDR2 PCI-E graphic card

Aspire X-QPACK Case (420W power supply included)

LG multirecorder DVD +/- RW EIDE

Seagate ST3160812SV 160Gb SATA HD

Everything worked OOTB mostly.

I set the BIOS to legacy USB keyboard mode, SATA periphery to SATA mode and HPET to 64bit mode.
After that I followed iboot + multibeast instructions starting from a 10.6.0 disk, now updated to 10.6.6.

I've used an user DSST (not compiled by me), GraphicEnabler=yes and installed Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx package.
The video card is working on a 1280x1024 viewsonic 19" VX922 monitor by DVI (VGA gave problem at this resolution).

I had some problem setting the audio from multibeast and I had to install an Azalia audio package found on ktext.com site.

I got this motherboard after reading different success stories on it.

I'm very happy right now. :wave:

Congrats. It's a great board. I have one myself. :)

I bought this board with the same hopes (spare parts build), but am stuck for some reason. No matter what CD I boot with, I always get "CPU 1 does not have HPET assigned". This is before I even get to installation. I've tried using iBoot and iBoot Legacy.

GA-G41-ES2L v1.4 Bios F9 (I think)
E2140 CPU
N210 GPU via VGA
2GB RAM
SATA HD

Booting from external USB CD-ROM, 10.6.0.

BIOS:
Optimized defaults
HPET Enabled, 64 Bit
disable serial 1+2 and parallel
enable usb keyboard/mouse

Also, for whatever reason, I never get a GUI boot for iBoot, just text menu, not sure if that might be another symptom of whatever issue I'm having. I tested the boot CD on another system and get the GUI.

I was hoping I'm making some really obvious mistake that someone can catch. Any suggestions?

clockworx said:
I bought this board with the same hopes (spare parts build), but am stuck for some reason. No matter what CD I boot with, I always get "CPU 1 does not have HPET assigned". This is before I even get to installation. I've tried using iBoot and iBoot Legacy.

GA-G41-ES2L v1.4 Bios F9 (I think)
E2140 CPU
N210 GPU via VGA
2GB RAM
SATA HD

Booting from external USB CD-ROM, 10.6.0.

BIOS:
Optimized defaults
HPET Enabled, 64 Bit
disable serial 1+2 and parallel
enable usb keyboard/mouse

Also, for whatever reason, I never get a GUI boot for iBoot, just text menu, not sure if that might be another symptom of whatever issue I'm having. I tested the boot CD on another system and get the GUI.

I was hoping I'm making some really obvious mistake that someone can catch. Any suggestions?
If I had to guess, I'd say it's a video card issue. Is AHCI mode set to "Enhanced"?

PLEASE HELP

Hey it68000

I have the same build. Retail 10.6 Snow Leopard with Iboot. Used Multibeast Everything worked out of box (video, audio) (no sleep) except when I updated to 10.6.7.

Then the audio wouldn't work and the video (wouldn't play videos) (all web browsers would crash within a few minutes) firefox safari chrome.

I got the audio working using the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext.zip with kext helper. Works fine. only thing hanging me up is the damn video and sleep. Video being most important. Im using VGA.

Did you use anything special to get full funcitonality out of video card. (kexts) String edit) I have tried probably 20 times fresh installs with different ways (from tonys nvidia update to editing kexts and strings-but i might be doing these wrong)

Anyone got an answer to the video and sleep. PLEASE HELP. otherwise gonna be stuck on 10.6.0

GA-G41M-ES2L f3
Intel Dual Core E5800
2.5 gb ddr2 Kingston
500gb Sata Western Digital Caviar
Asus 8400gs silent 512 ddr2

Hello karamanos

I'm using the video card by DVI connection. With VGA I was stuck at 1024x768.
What resolution you are using? Can you try DVI connection for video?
Moreover I'm still with 10.6.6, can do some difference?

sorry but I'm not an expert and I can't be more helpful.

I saw a very detailed guide in the guide section but you already know.

I used the guide from husky403 and maxim775 (viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12646) and it worked. I was a little for careful this time. It only took like 25 wipes. But i got 10.6.7 and everything working(99%)

Yeah im with vga and am stuck at 1024X768. Can't switch reso's or hz. I should prolly switch to DVI. What resolutions are you able to get.

I tried cinebench and got a whopping 6.18 fps. LOL hey at least it works with everything i need i for. as far as sleep, I can't figure that out. It goes to sleep. blacks out and monitor goes out but i can't wake it up(have to restart). and under about this mac, it doesn't show my video card description(just shows unknown and the rest of the specs).

This forum rocks. Can't thank enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back