CPU
i9-13900KF
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
The other day I notcied my left Ctrl key just stopped working. I went to go move between different desktops which I normally do with the combination of Ctrl + Left Arrow or Right Arrow and it didn't shift screens. I then noticed that the combination of anything with the left Ctrl key now worked as a combination with the Fn key. There has been no messing with the keyboard shortcuts or modifier keys for months. I am completely stumped.

The other day I notcied my left Ctrl key just stopped working. I went to go move between different desktops which I normally do with the combination of Ctrl + Left Arrow or Right Arrow and it didn't shift screens. I then noticed that the combination of anything with the left Ctrl key now worked as a combination with the Fn key. There has been no messing with the keyboard shortcuts or modifier keys for months. I am completely stumped.

EC reset:
- shutdown
- remove battery
- remove ac plug
- hold power button 30 sec
- put everything back & restart

EC reset:
- shutdown
- remove battery
- remove ac plug
- hold power button 30 sec
- put everything back & restart

You are the man! It worked!!!

What exactly causes the problem?

You are the man! It worked!!!

What exactly causes the problem?

Not sure.

Usually happens just after install kext/boot without repair permissions and rebuild cache. I think sometimes the cache isn't built correctly or kexts don't load correctly just after installing new ones (boot loader bug?) and in some cases the KBC (i8042 keyboard controller) gets out of whack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back