Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z87 SABER
CPU
I7 4770K
Graphics
(X2) KFA GTX970
Hi Everyone,

I am running on High Sierra 10.13.3 with an I7 4770K, 2X GTX970 running latest web drivers: 387.10.10.10.25.156. System definition given: iMac (Retina 5k, 27inch, Late 2014)
When opening the launchpad the mouse has no issue but when changing page the movement and the animation is very slow.
I've did a fresh installation. Nvidia Web Drivers are enabled.

Any solutions around?

Thanks

Hi. First: macOS does not support SLI.
But you can try enabling integrated iGPU like in real iMacs for video acceleration. Your primary display can stay on first Nvidia card. In ASUS UEFI setup it's called "Multi-Monitor Mode" (it's in Advanced>System Agent something..).
Add "change GFX0 to IGPU" ACPI Patch to Clover config.plist and install Lilu and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kext/other folder.
If IGPU doesn't help, you should realize that your system isn't ideal for hackintoshing. Current AMD cards like Radeon RX 5x0 are running very smoothly and are easy to configure meanwhile.

edit: I've had the same issues with sluggish UI, launchpad, finder etc. on my previous Nvidia GTX 460 and 960 before. I tried manipulation on power profiles at AGPM.kext but got it only from worse to bad... Natively supported hardware works always best here.

Last edited:
That’s a known issue of newest Webdriver on 10.13.3. You can downgrade Webdriver to fix this issue for now, until Nvidiagraphicsfixup or Webdriver address this issue.

That’s a known issue of newest Webdriver on 10.13.3. You can downgrade Webdriver to fix this issue for now, until Nvidiagraphicsfixup or Webdriver address this issue.

Thank you! I'll be waiting new updates then. I've seen that a new one is available for high sierra 17D2047 but I haven't installed that as I'm don't have a Skylake CPU...

Anyway, this issue looks only on the first page where it's full of icon. When going to the next one, as there is only one, the animations are smooth...Strange...

How can you tell which driver to downgrade to? Currently on 10.13.3 (17D47)

Thanks,

Thank you! I'll be waiting new updates then. I've seen that a new one is available for high sierra 17D2047 but I haven't installed that as I'm don't have a Skylake CPU...

Anyway, this issue looks only on the first page where it's full of icon. When going to the next one, as there is only one, the animations are smooth...Strange...

With the new supplemental update nVidia has two new drivers to use (depending on the OSX build you end up with.) I am HS 10.13.3 (17D102) and am using the .158 driver. Try that after you install the supplemental update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back