Graphics
Sapphire 100283-3L ATI Radeon HD5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I previously tested Snow Leopard on this laptop and got it up and running, however could not find a proper kext to enable ethernet. Scrapped SL and tried Lion. Could not find a guide other than SL -> Lion upgrade. Tried that and still not ethernet no matter the kexts I attempted. Tried a clean install of Lion, would not work. So tried ML. To my surprise worked like a charm, and native ethernet. (Had to replace wireless card for a compatible one, but no matter the OSX os would have had to). My only issue with the system is booting. When I attempt to boot, 1/10 times boots fine. The other 90% of the time, gets to the logo and spinning wheel and claims a problem that needs the laptop to be shut down and started up. After 3-4 attempts at starting, does so without a hitch. And laptop runs fine after booting, until I attempt a restart. Shut down/Restart works properly (though restart vs shut down tends to take longer to power down the laptop after OSX has released it). I'm only curious if anyone knows what could be causing this improper startup 90% of the time. Would love for it to boot every time I start it up, rather than 3-4 hard boots later. Hopefully someone else has experienced this or has some input to the matter.

Hi there,
My problem is that I can't even reach clover bootloader. I have dell latitude E6410 with updated bios. I know that it is a UEFI issue, but when I checked it in BIOS it asks me about uefi boot options where I have to point to the name of the file which I don't know. How you guys with that laptop reached the installer. My bios version is A16 and I didn't find the newer one

Best,
TOM

Hi there,
My problem is that I can't even reach clover bootloader. I have dell latitude E6410 with updated bios. I know that it is a UEFI issue, but when I checked it in BIOS it asks me about uefi boot options where I have to point to the name of the file which I don't know. How you guys with that laptop reached the installer. My bios version is A16 and I didn't find the newer one

Best,
TOM

Clover is at \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI or \EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.EFI.

Thanks for reply,
I overcame this issue by preparing the usb not with unibeast but clover. Now I have bigger problem. I can't reach the installer i get the forbidden sign after apple logo I tried to use flags: cpus=1, GraphicsEnbler=YES, PCIRootUID=1,nv_disable=1, -x. In verbose mode it stucks at "Missing Bluetooth controler Transport quadroand after few seconds everything got scattered but I think that the writing appears" Still waiting for root device. I tried all usb ports I turned off paralel port, SATA at AHCI of course, I turned off Internal Modem, eSATA port, LAtitude ON Reader. In some guide I've read I should turn off the discrete card which is probably nvidia quadro NVS 3100M but I can't see an option in bios to turn it off. Could it be the issue? Please help.

Regards TOM

Thanks for reply,
I overcame this issue by preparing the usb not with unibeast but clover. Now I have bigger problem. I can't reach the installer i get the forbidden sign after apple logo I tried to use flags: cpus=1, GraphicsEnbler=YES, PCIRootUID=1,nv_disable=1, -x. In verbose mode it stucks at "Missing Bluetooth controler Transport quadroand after few seconds everything got scattered but I think that the writing appears" Still waiting for root device. I tried all usb ports I turned off paralel port, SATA at AHCI of course, I turned off Internal Modem, eSATA port, LAtitude ON Reader. In some guide I've read I should turn off the discrete card which is probably nvidia quadro NVS 3100M but I can't see an option in bios to turn it off. Could it be the issue? Please help.

Regards TOM

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back