Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi tonymacx86,

I am looking to build a stable Premiere Pro and Lightroom rig.

I have put together the following:

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P Z68 Socket 1155 ATX Motherboard
Intel Core i7 2600k
Corsair 120GB Force 3 SSD 2.5" SATA-III
Samsung HD103SJ Spinpoint F3 1TB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 32MB Cache
Sony BD-5300S-0B 12x BD-RW with DVD-RW SATA Blu-Ray Drive
Fractal Design Define R3 Black Pearl Case - USB3.0
Corsair 650W HX Modular PSU
Corsair 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz Vengeance Blue Memory Kit CL9 (9-9-9-24) 1.5V
Corsair CWCH80 Hydro Series H80 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
MSI GTX 560 Ti 1024MB DDR5 TWIN FROZR II OC Edition Dual DVI Mini HDMI PCI-E

Are there any potential issues with the components? Wil the setup allow for a straightforward setup without too much hacking and stability issues?

Any other motherboard, ram or cuda based graphics card to consider?

Cheers,

Dan

Go for it...

HD 6870 instead of 560 ti

hacman said:
HD 6870 instead of 560 ti

Is the HD 6870 any good for Premiere Pro / FCPX and Lightroom? I was under the impression that I needed an nvidea card for any serious Adobe work as it works better?

I believe I have started to see people complaining of 5xx cards freezing.

I dont't want the card to freeze that causes me to lose any work or causes rendering issues?

The HD 6870 is probably no slouch but wanted the extra benefit of a cuda card to speed up workflow.

Any other tips or suggestions?

Be careful with that liquid cooling CPU fan you have listed. I've seen several horror stories about people getting defective pumps where it leaks and destroys the motherboard and components.

movierelics said:
Be careful with that liquid cooling CPU fan you have listed. I've seen several horror stories about people getting defective pumps where it leaks and destroys the motherboard and components.

Is there something as good that isn't water-cooled? I don't want the hassle of a leaky CPU fan but I thought these things are fully tested and shouldn't cause issues?

I'm old fashion and stick to a air cooled fan. I don't overclock and I don't want to worry about a leak from a faulty pump. Not every pump will leak and it may be a 1 in 10 chance that it would leak, but sometime defective products do happen and if your system get's ruined, you've just lost a $1,000 system because of a $20 part. You can call and complain with the manufacture and they may replace the fan (if they even admit it was faulty to start), but they won't replace your other ruined components.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back