Contribute
Register

Last El Capitan update - machine is not booting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok it will take some time for me to install Windows first...I hope that I have the installation disk somewhere.....is this the only way?

No need to complicate things by installing Windows.

But I don't have any other computer in my house....and you said I need to attach the drive to other Mac to add the file....

But I don't have any other computer in my house....and you said I need to attach the drive to other Mac to add the file....

You said that your attempt to boot ends with the prohibitory symbol.
It is impossible to determine the cause if you don't boot in verbose mode.

OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi is a possible cause but if you don't have the means to check if it is installed we can attempt to find out why your boot is failing if you boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen when it stops.

Thanks I will do it , by the way here is a screen shot of the error :
qnLZFmR.jpg

IninN4v.jpg

I did it and post it in the 3 post...did it in safe mode and also verbose mode

I did it and post it in the 3 post...did it in safe mode and also verbose mode

Is that with nv_disable=1 ?
You said that your attempts to boot end with the prohibitory symbol - Your screenshots do not show that.
Which is correct ?

Ok got ya...
I've added the nv_disable=1 and booted in verbose mode :

glKhwI.jpg

Ok got ya...
I've added the nv_disable=1 and booted in verbose mode :

glKhwI.jpg

That looks like you need to replace OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi with OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi from Clover.

When I needed to do this I just attached the disk to another Hack, mounted the EFI partition and copied the requisite file to it.

After one update there were a great many people experiencing this issue, you may be able to find a solution for someone without access to another computer by using the forum Search tool or Google.

Last edited:
That looks like you need to replace OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi with OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi from Clover.

When I needed to do this I just attached the disk to another Hack, mounted the EFI partition and copied the requisite file to it.

After one update there were a great many people experiencing this issue, you may be able to find a solution for someone without access to another computer by using the forum Search tool or Google.

Can I do it with Windows machine ? I have my wife laptop with Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back