Intel HD graphics 3000
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Recently I purchased a caddy for the upgrade bay and a 1 TB Hard drive. I ran the computer with the 1TB in the Upgrade bay and the 250GB one which has OSX installed.

Then I partitioned the 250 GB hard drive and dd'd an arch linux installer to it but before I shut it down I did the usual after you partition your HDD I went into Terminal ran "sudo fdisk -u /dev/disk0" , reinstalled Chimera and restarted the computer but It did not boot it is just a black screen doesn't even get to the HP start screen. So I cannot use rBoot or anything. So I take out the hard drive then put in the windows one. The windows hard drive boots perfectly.

So i wanted to see if the drive was faulty so I put the OSX drive in the upgrade bay and tried to boot windows and use HFS Explorer to check if it was working But I couldn't it still couldn't even get to the HP Logo. So then I put the drive into an other computer went to Chimera perfectly. Nothing wrong with the HDD I thought the pins in the laptop were broken but the windows HDD could boot. I can use HFS Explorer on my other computer and see all my files. What is wrong?
Thanks in advance.

Recently I purchased a caddy for the upgrade bay and a 1 TB Hard drive. I ran the computer with the 1TB in the Upgrade bay and the 250GB one which has OSX installed.

Then I partitioned the 250 GB hard drive and dd'd an arch linux installer to it but before I shut it down I did the usual after you partition your HDD I went into Terminal ran "sudo fdisk -u /dev/disk0" , reinstalled Chimera and restarted the computer but It did not boot it is just a black screen doesn't even get to the HP start screen. So I cannot use rBoot or anything. So I take out the hard drive then put in the windows one. The windows hard drive boots perfectly.

So i wanted to see if the drive was faulty so I put the OSX drive in the upgrade bay and tried to boot windows and use HFS Explorer to check if it was working But I couldn't it still couldn't even get to the HP Logo. So then I put the drive into an other computer went to Chimera perfectly. Nothing wrong with the HDD I thought the pins in the laptop were broken but the windows HDD could boot. I can use HFS Explorer on my other computer and see all my files. What is wrong?
Thanks in advance.

BIOS does not like something about your partition layout on that disk. What is the partition details?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back