MSI Z170A SLI PLUS
CPU
Intel Core i5-6600K
Graphics
Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 8GB AMP! Edition
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello!

I've been investigating the cause of my laptop running hotter in macOS Sierra than it does in both Windows and Linux.
HWMonitor reports the CPU frequency is fixed at 0.133 x 9.0 = 1.19 GHz with the core temperatures slowly and steadily rising after powering on.
If I enable the generation of C-states and P-states in the Clover configuration, the CPU frequency varies with the system load and the system overheats almost immediately.

As both the airflow coming out of the exhaust and the fan noise are quite low I concluded that the fan is spinning too slowly.
I found some interesting patches here, but they don't seem to fit my system. Specifically, these
Code:
\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0.FRDC
\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0.DTMP
\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0.FTGC
do not exist in the DSDT.

I don't know how to proceed at this point.
I've attached the original and current (patched) DSDT and Clover configuration.

Thanks!

Attachments

• elitebook.zip
    147 KB · Views: 62
Hello!

I've been investigating the cause of my laptop running hotter in macOS Sierra than it does in both Windows and Linux.
HWMonitor reports the CPU frequency is fixed at 0.133 x 9.0 = 1.19 GHz with the core temperatures slowly and steadily rising after powering on.
If I enable the generation of C-states and P-states in the Clover configuration, the CPU frequency varies with the system load and the system overheats almost immediately.

As both the airflow coming out of the exhaust and the fan noise are quite low I concluded that the fan is spinning too slowly.
I found some interesting patches here, but they don't seem to fit my system. Specifically, these
Code:
\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0.FRDC
\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0.DTMP
\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0.FTGC
do not exist in the DSDT.

I don't know how to proceed at this point.
I've attached the original and current (patched) DSDT and Clover configuration.

Thanks!

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Oh, I do apologise.
While gathering the needed data I've noticed what could be the source of the problem: AppleLPC.kext is not loaded.

Attachments

• elitebook.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 55
Oh, I do apologise.
While gathering the needed data I've noticed what could be the source of the problem: AppleLPC.kext is not loaded.

Yup..
You will need to inject "compatible" so that AppleLPC loads.
Probably one of the device-ids listed under AppleLPC/Info.plist/IOKitPersonalities/AppleLPC/IONameMatch.
Likely that one of the close matches to your native ID (3b07), such as "pci8086,3b09"
Also, config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/CStates and PStates should be set true (because you're dropping the native CPU related SSDTs).

Thank you for your help.
AppleLPC.kext is loaded and the system is running cooler than before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back