i5-3210M
Graphics
HD 4000, 1366x768
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi Guys,

First of all, thank you very much for the excellent guide to Install Mac OS X to a Probook4540s listed here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch-10-11.189416/

Even thought the title says it's for 10.11, a lot of users has reported it works excellent with Sierra 10.12.

I've installed El Capitan and I've been using it for a long time, and I still have the USB installer that works with the HP Probook Installer. It's sad it's not maintained anymore, but I think that some things need to change to go forward.

I upgraded to Sierra, and the laptop restarted due to an error, and I could not find a suitable answer. So I decided to make a full installation. I followed step by step the guide above, I read and read, again and again, but it's the same. I created the USB clover partition several times, and I've install several times too. I do not know where to go from here. The laptop only boot well in Safe mode. Luckily the WiFi worked (I had to manually copy the folder from a mac to this Probook 4540s using a USB memory) to run the commands, since the Wire Network card did not work.

Then after connecting to the internet, I tried the same method using the git command, by Copying and pasting every command, but some error appeared saying that "No such file or directory". I've googled trying to find a solution for this, but nothing so far.

Attached the screens, If more information needed please ask. I really appreciate your time!

Attachments

• 20170819_234257.jpg
    20170819_234257.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 136
  • 20170820_101619.jpg
    20170820_101619.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 159
  • 20170828_195918.jpg
    20170828_195918.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 313
  • 20170828_202411.jpg
    20170828_202411.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 139
  • 20170828_202945.jpg
    20170828_202945.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 362
Hi Guys,

First of all, thank you very much for the excellent guide to Install Mac OS X to a Probook4540s listed here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch-10-11.189416/

Even thought the title says it's for 10.11, a lot of users has reported it works excellent with Sierra 10.12.

I've installed El Capitan and I've been using it for a long time, and I still have the USB installer that works with the HP Probook Installer. It's sad it's not maintained anymore, but I think that some things need to change to go forward.

I upgraded to Sierra, and the laptop restarted due to an error, and I could not find a suitable answer. So I decided to make a full installation. I followed step by step the guide above, I read and read, again and again, but it's the same. I created the USB clover partition several times, and I've install several times too. I do not know where to go from here. The laptop only boot well in Safe mode. Luckily the WiFi worked (I had to manually copy the folder from a mac to this Probook 4540s using a USB memory) to run the commands, since the Wire Network card did not work.

Then after connecting to the internet, I tried the same method using the git command, by Copying and pasting every command, but some error appeared saying that "No such file or directory". I've googled trying to find a solution for this, but nothing so far.

Attached the screens, If more information needed please ask. I really appreciate your time!

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Thank you very much for the link provided. I read the FAQ and the one I followed was "Can the EFI partition be mounted in safe mode?" because the Post installation commands were failing because some files were not copied into the EFI folder. The commands did not work anyway, so I googled and I found these two.

mkdir /Volumes/efi
sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/efi

An EFI drive icon appeared on my desktop and I could see its contents.

After that I run the Post installation commands, I was doing it right this time, I thought. The last command I run was
cp ./config/config_4x40s.plist /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/config.plist

Please confirm if I used the wrong config.plist.

My problem is that after I restarted, the screen is light up, but nothing appears, it's not restarting like before, but it looks like is in the login screen but no video. The same in safe mode, not even with the USB memory. I was trying to load the Recovery mode to do some repair permissions, but I cannot see anything.

Thank you for your time.

Does it has to do with the backlight injector? When installing the kexts it had a message saying "Allowing invalid signature", is that right? I did not noticed that message the first time I run the ./install_downloads.sh

Please confirm If I took the wrong direction.

Attachments

• 20170829_174135.jpg
    20170829_174135.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 88
  • 20170829_174700.jpg
    20170829_174700.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 106
Thank you very much for the link provided. I read the FAQ and the one I followed was "Can the EFI partition be mounted in safe mode?" because the Post installation commands were failing because some files were not copied into the EFI folder. The commands did not work anyway, so I googled and I found these two.

mkdir /Volumes/efi
sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/efi

An EFI drive icon appeared on my desktop and I could see its contents.

The guide uses mount_efi.sh.
You should not be booting in safe mode (at no point in the guide is safe mode required).

My problem is that after I restarted, the screen is light up, but nothing appears, it's not restarting like before, but it looks like is in the login screen but no video.

You should probably start over and follow the guide as written.
Note that it is not valid to use the "final config.plist" without the correct content in ACPI/patched (placed there by install_acpi.sh).

The guide uses mount_efi.sh.
You should not be booting in safe mode (at no point in the guide is safe mode required).

I was booting in safe mode because it was the only way I could boot. Normal mode was not possible the computer restarts.

You should probably start over and follow the guide as written.
Note that it is not valid to use the "final config.plist" without the correct content in ACPI/patched (placed there by install_acpi.sh).

I was following the guide where the title says "Choosing a config.plist"
-Second paragraph (I mentioned to not paste it here).
And the last part where it says "Copy your selected configuration file, and paste it to /EFI/Clover, make sure it is re-named as config.plist. Clover will only load configurations from /EFI/Clover/config.plist."

Following your recommendation I started all over again, I even created/prepared the USB memory again from zero. I even deleted all the partitions from the hard drive because I noticed that I did not get the green boot clover options. I was still seeing the old one with white icons.

Now, I am facing another problem. The computer only boots to Sierra when the USB memory is connected, it does not boot from the hard drive. How can I solve this?

I am uploading screen captures of the EFI partition of the USB from the "other" and the "drivers64UEFI" folder. Also a list of partitions.

Hope this help, thank you for your time. :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 10.10.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 10.10.40 PM.png
    53.8 KB · Views: 103
  • Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 10.17.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 10.17.17 PM.png
    39.9 KB · Views: 134
  • Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 10.17.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 10.17.54 PM.png
    40.8 KB · Views: 129
Now, I am facing another problem. The computer only boots to Sierra when the USB memory is connected, it does not boot from the hard drive. How can I solve this?

You need to install and configure Clover to your HDD EFI just as you did for USB.
Then follow the ProBook post install instructions.

Got it!

Did it with no success, I am prepared to do it all over again, but instead of preparing the USB with clover the GTP way, I am making it the MBR way in the "For Clover UEFI" section.

I am thinking that maybe there is something wrong with permissions, I am attaching a screen capture of the drivers64UEFI folder which shows the files exactly as the guide, but the different I see is that the only file that shows the black icon is the one I copied "HFSPlus.efi" the others don't. Is that causing me problems?

Thank you very much!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-02 at 1.48.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-02 at 1.48.20 PM.png
    387.6 KB · Views: 207
Got it!

Did it with no success, I am prepared to do it all over again, but instead of preparing the USB with clover the GTP way, I am making it the MBR way in the "For Clover UEFI" section.

I am thinking that maybe there is something wrong with permissions, I am attaching a screen capture of the drivers64UEFI folder which shows the files exactly as the guide, but the different I see is that the only file that shows the black icon is the one I copied "HFSPlus.efi" the others don't. Is that causing me problems?

Thank you very much!

There are no permissions on a FAT32 volume (EFI is FAT32), no idea what you mean by "something wrong with permissions".

There are no permissions on a FAT32 volume (EFI is FAT32), no idea what you mean by "something wrong with permissions".

I was thinking that maybe because a Read/Write permission was not set, the file could not be read, but you're right, FAT32 does not use permissions. I missed that, without thinking straight.

The laptop is finally boot to Clover, but I restarted after executing the command "./install_downloads.sh". I follow the suggestion "If you wish, you can reboot to verify a few more items are working (many only partially). Booting may be a bit slower at this point because of the kexts installed but with incorrect ACPI setup."

But now when I boot from disk, the laptop is stuck in the Apple logo, and no progress bar is shown.

What did I missed?

Thank you for your patience. :)

I was thinking that maybe because a Read/Write permission was not set, the file could not be read, but you're right, FAT32 does not use permissions. I missed that, without thinking straight.

The laptop is finally boot to Clover, but I restarted after executing the command "./install_downloads.sh". I follow the suggestion "If you wish, you can reboot to verify a few more items are working (many only partially). Booting may be a bit slower at this point because of the kexts installed but with incorrect ACPI setup."

But now when I boot from disk, the laptop is stuck in the Apple logo, and no progress bar is shown.

What did I missed?

Thank you for your patience. :)

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back