Contribute
Register

Laptop DELL Inspiron 15R, Mavericks clean install unibeast, next steps required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
DELL Inspiron 15R 5521
CPU
Intel Core i7-3537U
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Other
Hello, i apologize for my basic english.

i have a laptop Dell Inspiron 15R, after many attempts of install mavericks i did it successfully in a partition of the HDD. (small data HDD 160GB). after search for similar hardware i have passed the installation process of mavericks using the following switches:

GraphicsEnabler=Yes IntelPlatformFB=3 -v -f dart=0

after installed and run the mavericks osx partition i realised that the graphics were working at normal resolution 1366x768, and the ram was properly recognised with 2x4GB= 8 GB.

no network, no sound,

i´ve tried the Multibeast step installation for about six times but it doesn´t boot OSX properly, so then i clean the partitions and start over again...

now i have installed
- win8 in the 2nd partition, basic installation (around 50MB)
- OSX Mavericks in first partition (around 40 MB)
- other 2 partitions for additional data.

the win8 installation is ok.
the osx mavericks is a clean install without multibeast modifications, i will run the 10.9.5 update offline to see how it goes... and after that start to tweak parameters for booting properly, make use the integrated pan mic realtek 8136 and little by little make it work properly.

i only need good booting, normal view in screen and LAN realteck working properly to test some compilations with Lazarus free pascal compiler.

installing chimera or clover on the HDD will be ok.

so, i need some guidance of were to put or edit the GraphicsEnabler=Yes IntelPlatformFB=3 -v -f dart=0 parameters and to enable the realteck Lan device, by now.

any guide of how to proceed would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance! Olea from Cabo San Lucas. Mx.

Hello, i apologize for my basic english.

i have a laptop Dell Inspiron 15R, after many attempts of install mavericks i did it successfully in a partition of the HDD. (small data HDD 160GB). after search for similar hardware i have passed the installation process of mavericks using the following switches:

GraphicsEnabler=Yes IntelPlatformFB=3 -v -f dart=0

IntelPlatformFB is not a valid boot flag in any bootloader and therefore has no effect.

after installed and run the mavericks osx partition i realised that the graphics were working at normal resolution 1366x768, and the ram was properly recognised with 2x4GB= 8 GB.

no network, no sound,

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

WiFi: Depends on having compatible hardware. Use DPCIManager->PCI List to find out what you have. Compatible chipsets and the procedures for making them work are covered here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Ethernet: What Ethernet chipset do you have? Use DPCIManager->PCIList to find out.

i´ve tried the Multibeast step installation for about six times but it doesn´t boot OSX properly, so then i clean the partitions and start over again...

Starting with Multibeast on laptops: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-bridge-ivy-bridge-haswell-other-laptops.html

thanks for your answer rehabMan!

i still don´t make any modifications, i wish to share some screenshots before attempt to modify something, i am reading the power management page...

i hope it shows some useful hardware devices.

i´ll wait for suggestions.

Attachments

• pci-02.jpg
    pci-02.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 129
  • pci03.jpg
    pci03.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 114
  • pcidev-01.jpg
    pcidev-01.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 102
  • Screen01.jpg
    Screen01.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 146

Hello RehabMan !

now i’ve updated to 10.9.5, and installed RealtekRTL8100.kext with Kext wizard
followed directions for clean and regenerate cache before and after reboot, then install and restarted and ethernet is now working properly , now i am able to search info with this hackingtosh.

now i am in reading about Choosing an SMBIOS … done!

i have an i7-3537U processor, i wish to create an appropriate System Definition (/Extra/smbios.plist), …

i downloaded Chamaleon Wizard, created a new smbios.plist and replaced in /Extra,restarted and now it shows MacBook Air. .. Done!

ok for me, ethernet connexion is sufficent by now, i will get an external WiFi device later, now i am getting the ProBook installer to install a custom SSDT.

... in the process,
i used the ProBook Installer, and generated a custom SSDT.

the DPCIManager shows in the log report some states like:

2/9/15, 2:16:23 AM, Current State: 8
2/9/15, 2:16:23 AM, P States: 8, 19
2/9/15, 2:16:18 AM, Current State: 8
2/9/15, 2:16:18 AM, P States: 8, 19

how can i verify the following? :

no rollbacks of AppleACPIPlatform.kext
- no NullCPUPowerManagement.kext (usually implies patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement)
- Processor objects declared in Scope (_SB) or Scope (_PR) in DSDT (pretty rare not to have them in OEM DSDT)
- Verify that the generated SSDT injects into the same scope as Processor declarations in DSDT (usually _PR).

so far is going good, now i must to investigate how to setup the sound…
Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

my device id for audio is 8086 1e20 right?

testing a first AppleHDA kext... but no DSDT file, i will check its behaviour...

Attachments

• 15R-actual.jpg
    15R-actual.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 99
  • pci-02.jpg
    pci-02.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 104
Mmmmm... i´ve made a mistake.

i could n´t boot properly again, a kernel panic, perhaps because i installed 2 updates for osx and iTunes...
before test the kext for AppleHDA audio.

i will download the tools to tune again the osx installation, y forgot to backup them.

i´ll test the yosemite installer in the next try.

now i have a clearer idea of how to proceed thanks a lot to RehabMan !

Yes, but you need the codec id. Extract your audio codec dump from Linux, then search for an AppleHDA.

DSDT patches are not optional.

Sorry about the delay, i am still reading about the DSDT/SSDT patches...
with ubuntu linux live i've copied the /acpi/tables files to a FAT32 partition, and then selected from those files the ones starting DSDT and SSDT's (with the subsecuent ordinals) and execute a iasl command...

it seemed to me like a batch file processing those sources...

and tehn i am stuck... in the resulting files i don't know where or how to find the codec id for my sound card...

i need to read more about those DSDT/SSDT files, can you give me more links where to read? i do not wish to use patches from other people, i wish to learn how to do that part by myself, i am not in a hurry.

---

i am in an issue with my internet provider, that's why i don't use internet lately,

in other theme, in my Dell 15R i am still using the USB Mavs installer to boot the HDD (No parameters used, clean startup ) but when i use the bootloader from the hard drive it crashes!

in the HDD the id of the bootloader is: Chamaleon v2.2svn r2378 (i used Multibeast to installed and the option said that it would install Chimera!)

how can i install chimera or clover safely without much alteration? i've installed Win8 and OSX Mavericks in the HDD, i wish to add a linux distro like CrunchBang, do you recommend install the linux distro before the chimera or clover?

Thanks a lot for your time, your guide have been awsome! :thumbup:

Atte. Czaru.

Sorry about the delay, i am still reading about the DSDT/SSDT patches...
with ubuntu linux live i've copied the /acpi/tables files to a FAT32 partition, and then selected from those files the ones starting DSDT and SSDT's (with the subsecuent ordinals) and execute a iasl command...

it seemed to me like a batch file processing those sources...

and tehn i am stuck... in the resulting files i don't know where or how to find the codec id for my sound card...

Audio codec information is not in ACPI. You need an audio codec dump from Linux for that. It is the first step in any AppleHDA patching guide.

i need to read more about those DSDT/SSDT files, can you give me more links where to read? i do not wish to use patches from other people, i wish to learn how to do that part by myself, i am not in a hurry.

DSDT/SSDT patching guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Audio codec information is not in ACPI. You need an audio codec dump from Linux for that. It is the first step in any AppleHDA patching guide.

Mmmmm.. i remember did something like a copy of: sudo cp -R /sys/firmware/acpi/tables

if the codec id is not there (
Extracting with Linux: In Linux, the native ACPI files are available directly from the file system. You can find them at /sys/firmware/acpi/tables and /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/dynamic.)

when you mention : "
You need an audio codec dump from Linux for that" ... what directory or portion of data i must dump to other place like a fat32 space in order to work with the data?

the first step says:
- extracting native files.

then it follows with:
Extracting native ACPI files

All BIOS implementations provide ACPI files to the OS. So, on any OS, you can extract them for patching later.
it talks about ACPI files, but it does not mention if there is information about audio codec id or there is'nt in the /sys/firmware/acpi/tables directory.

at least i don't remember

mmmm... still confused. the only part where audio is mentioned is : Patches for using patched AppleHDA
With patched AppleHDA, there are two patches that are needed in conjunction with the kext:
"Audio Layout 12" (change the layout-id from 12 to the one used by your DSDT)
"IRQ Fix"
Note that you must have an AppleHDA that matches your codec, and must determine which layout-id was chosen. The layout-id is an arbitrary choice by the creator of the patched AppleHDA.
To determine the layout-id used by a particular patched AppleHDA: First you need to know your codec id in decimal (eg. 0x10ec0269 = 283902569). Then look in the Info.plist for AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext (at AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist), find your codec id under HDAConfigDefault (there may be many entries in a sloppy patched AppleHDA or only one). The LayoutID that matches your codec id is the layout id you need. It is possible that a patched AppleHDA contains more than one layout-id for a given codec. In that case, choose the one you want to use..

but that appears to be after dumping, disassembling, analysing and filtering...
any other clue? please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back