Contribute
Register

Laptop Boot Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: iBoot 2.5 - Unified Graphics Support

Just my pennys worth I can get 10.6.3 retail to boot with my Sony Vaio VPCF13 using the following boot args

"bus=20, cpus=4, -x -v"

Need to back up HD before trying to continue otherwise loose my 7 for BluRay playback
why not try,

Looking at your CPU spec (http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=46 ... LBLR,SLBX7) I'd try

boot using iBoot, insert OSX DVD, then press F5 then "tab" key on command prompt type

bus=22, cpus=4, -x -v

tvs_gold2001 said:
Just guessing:
Have you already updated your Mac OS version to the lastest (10.6.4)? I am saying this because if your boot media is 10.6 Mac OS does not contain the necessary drivers. Other than that please have a look at the device-id of your internal graphics solution.
Easiest way:
Bootup your laptop with an Ubuntu live media CD, go to the terminal, type lspci -nn, lookup the device id of your internal graphics card and compare it to the value IOPCIPrimaryMatch located under /System/Extra/Libraries/ (AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext and others). If these files are not under this location you have to update your Mac OS version.
As editor you can use plist from the Apple Developer Kit (on your Installation DVD) or you just use the editors vi or nano. Be sure to run the editors in root-mode if you want to change the values.

Maybe it is worth the time checking out the following website:
http://blog.thestevo.com/2009/09/x3000- ... opard.html

Good luck.

Thank scat

but please explain me why it is getting booted on 1st boot with audio video etc fully supported. I m getting stuck up on 2nd boot when i restart it.n ya in safe boot it is working without audio video.

I checked in my system and its contain the kext for x3100,still white screen appears after first boot.

Should i try another installation methode?

thanks.

tvs_gold2001 said:
http://blog.thestevo.com/2009/09/x3000- ... opard.html[/url]

Good luck.

Thank scat

but please explain me why it is getting booted on 1st boot with audio video etc fully supported. I m getting stuck up on 2nd boot when i restart it.n ya in safe boot it is working without audio video.

I checked in my system and its contain the kext for x3100,still white screen appears after first boot.

thanks.
[/quote:2wyrv1ty]

PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME..I M TOO MUCH BORED WITHOUT ANY OS ON MY LAPTOP...!!!

tvs_gold2001 said:
[quote="tvs_gold2001":axh60713]

thanks.

PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME..I M TOO MUCH BORED WITHOUT ANY OS ON MY LAPTOP...!!![/quote:axh60713][/quote]

I do not have a clue and I would recommend you to open a clean thread where you describe the community exactly what you have done or tried so far. Maybe the moderators will "kill" you but I doubt it, because they did not yet for pushing the topic and so on.

Whish you all the best and do not give up.

scatman said:
tvs_gold2001 said:
[quote="tvs_gold2001":3f4b1rfd]

thanks.

PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME..I M TOO MUCH BORED WITHOUT ANY OS ON MY LAPTOP...!!!
[/quote:3f4b1rfd]

I do not have a clue and I would recommend you to open a clean thread where you
describe the community exactly what you have done or tried so far. Maybe the moderators will "kill" you but I doubt it, because they did not yet for pushing the topic and so on.

Whish you all the best and do not give up.[/quote]

Hey guys.

Is there anybody running OS X 10.6 or higher on lappy having intel GMA 965 x3100? If some know the solution of above mentioned problem please help me.

Thanks in advance.

I have a Toshiba Satellite with Intel graphics X3100 and work native with 10.6.3, i don't have nothing with the graphics, only it works prefectly.

Install Snow Leopard retail 10.6.3 with iboot 2.5. Then i update to 10.6.6 without problems and all work fine :)

Try!

Oscar_fm_dj said:
I have a Toshiba Satellite with Intel graphics X3100 and work native with 10.6.3, i don't have nothing with the graphics, only it works prefectly.

Install Snow Leopard retail 10.6.3 with iboot 2.5. Then i update to 10.6.6 without problems and all work fine :)

Try!

Thanks,

I have tried to install through iBoot 2.5 only but still problem persist. Which kexts you are using? the original apple one or voodoo kext? Have you installed multibeast?

tvs_gold2001 said:
Thanks,

I have tried to install through iBoot 2.5 only but still problem persist. Which kexts you are using? the original apple one or voodoo kext? Have you installed multibeast?

I install 10.6.3 and when i istall, iboot with iboot 2.5.2 and don't update.

Open Multibeast and sellect only Easybeast Usupported, in the Graphics no select nothing.

One question.....when you install Snow Leopard Retail, and boot with iboot your resolution is good?? when i boot with iboot 2.5 my resolution is 1280x800 the best of mi graphic card, and when i istall Multibeast and restard, the resolution is the same without any adicctional kext.

Oscar_fm_dj said:
[quote="tvs_gold2001":3g3beqmv]

Thanks,

I install 10.6.3 and when i istall, iboot with iboot 2.5.2 and don't update.

Open Multibeast and sellect only Easybeast Usupported, in the Graphics no select nothing.

One question.....when you install Snow Leopard Retail, and boot with iboot your resolution is good?? when i boot with iboot 2.5 my resolution is 1280x800 the best of mi graphic card, and when i istall Multibeast and restard, the resolution is the same without any adicctional kext.
[/quote:3g3beqmv]

Well... first i had installed snow leopard retail 10.6 with iboot 2.0. than i installed mublitbeast with easybeast option.after that i restarted.now it was working with installed chemleon.no need of cd.than apple logo screen.than blue screen should come and subsequent dock and finder.but instead of that juz white screen appears.

i again tried with iboot cd and same thing appers. after some hours i tried with iboot cd and it was working..!!! resolution was 1280*800 with audio keyboard and trackpad support.

Even some time it is getting booted without iboot cd also.but no keyboard audio and trackpad support.( so i thought that some problem bcz of multibeast)

So i again formated the HD and installed snow leopard with i boot 2.5. Now instead of installing multibeast i tried to use with iboot cd only.but same problem persist of white screen after apple logo screen for second boot.( means after installation for the first boot it works fine with all hardware support)

one thing is clear for all time is that it works in safe mode with all hardware support.(but it is of no use...isn't?)

This is the complete story hope u may get some idea how to come out with this.

one more thing is that my lappy is getting heated much with snow leopard than windows 7.

Please do the needfull.

Thanks in advance.

Today I again tried for sucessfull installations.

Graphics card works out of the box with 1200 x 800 resolution. Preety cool

Keyboard, trackpad, usb ports everything works fine.

The only problem i am facing sometime is that after apple logo screen,which appears at the time of booting, just white screen appears. So I have to force shutdown by pressing physical power button. Some time without any problem it boots normally.

It always work in -x mode.

Please help me...!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back