GTX 770 (4g)
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Using the haswell instructions I was successfully able to install Mountain Lion on my new HP Envy Phoenix desktop. I've been unable to get the network card, wifi, bluetooth or internal SD card slot functional. Audio and everything else is working great. Any thoughts on some drivers that might make this stuff work?

Integrated Lan: Realtek RTL8151GH-CG
Integrated Bluetooth 4.0 and Wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n : Broadcom BCM943228HMB

I tried all of the existing network drivers in multibeast, but had no success. The main board is a MSI
MS-7826. Obviously I wasn't able to locate a DSDT. :(

Thanks for any help you can throw my way!

I can pretty much guarantee that this is not going to be straight forward. We are still undergoing a lot of testing. True Haswell compatibility is still a little bit away. Your HP board is not going to be all that easy to get running well. That said, there is plenty that you can do to try if you like to experiment.

Try reading through some of these threads, how to create a DSDT is in there : http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/

Adrian B

Thanks for the info, I think I'm going to have to give up on this pipe dream, sadly. Obviously there are no DSDT patches for this board...

You can create your own DSDT but you may need to do more than that to get this working. I would wait until 10.8.5 offers official Haswell support for OS X. As a project you would be blazing your own trail. You may need to use an different ethernet or wifi card. You might need to use a USB adaptor for audio : http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/98115-simple-plug-n-play-usb-audio-device-os-x.html

There are often solutions to problems. However Gigabyte boards again this year are the easiest to get running. The do not require a patched bios either.

Adrian B

Well, interestingly audio, video (nvidia gt 640 4gb), usb and everything else I can see appears to be functioning properly, goes to sleep fine, comes back etc. Kinda hairy without internet though ;). I was really hoping RealtekRTL81xx.kext would do the trick, but obviously the 8151 is not a supported controller.

Well, interestingly audio, video (nvidia gt 640 4gb), usb and everything else I can see appears to be functioning properly, goes to sleep fine, comes back etc. Kinda hairy without internet though ;). I was really hoping RealtekRTL81xx.kext would do the trick, but obviously the 8151 is not a supported controller.

8151 is covered under the Atheros kext from Shailua.

Try using Kext Wizard (use google to find, then download) Screen Shot 2013-08-29 at 13.55.40.png

Select these options and run. Then shut down and restart (better than restart option) click to enlarge image.

Report back

Adrian B

Still no luck getting the built in Realtek 8155 to be seen. Is there a fairly affordable PCIe x1 network card that's compatible?

Check you bios first and make sure it hasn't been switched off by accident - if there is a seeting for this on your board.

Otherwise the site search facility brings up a few recommendations - see what you can pick up closest to you. :thumbup:
It will need to be set up as working on en0 - you might want to check to see if your existing onboard is set like this.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/search.php?googleSearch=pcie ethernet card

Adrian B

Update:

The quickest solution to get internet working was to pick up a $20 USB Ethernet Adapter from Best Buy. It's working great, even found my wifi printer that's attached to the router I'm connected to.

As of report, no on-board ethernet, wifi or bluetooth. Everything else appears fully functional. The haswell patch is booting flawlessly. I'm going to work on getting a boot loader working next.

Screen Shot 2013-08-31 at 2.37.18 PM.png Screen Shot 2013-08-31 at 2.38.09 PM.png

Funny story, I replaced my late '09 27" iMac with this HP box because I wanted something a little more powerful. I was really nervous about using windows 8 (haven't touched windows in 15 years). After a lot of blue screen errors I caved into trying this...I'm really happy to se OSX on my screen again...my iPhoto library will thank me later.

Update:

The quickest solution to get internet working was to pick up a $20 USB Ethernet Adapter from Best Buy. It's working great, even found my wifi printer that's attached to the router I'm connected to.

As of report, no on-board ethernet, wifi or bluetooth. Everything else appears fully functional. The haswell patch is booting flawlessly. I'm going to work on getting a boot loader working next.

UPDATE 2: Interesting, while poking around system profiler i've found it locates my internal bluetooth controller under USB. It's identifying it correctly as BCM20702A0 Broadcom Corp. The final section lists "Current Required MA: Unknown (device has not been configured). Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back