Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3
CPU
i5 > Need version > See Rules!
Graphics
GT 220
Hi guys.
I've been having some trouble getting the LAN to work on my build.

I have a GA-Z270X-UD5 and am trying to get the Internet to work through lan.
I first had the Intel AppleIGB installed. With this Kext the internet worked with no problems, but i had some issues when booting Sometimes I would boot 3-4 times until i reached the Apple Screen. A user on this Forum told me it was the AppleIGB kext that was causing the error.

So then i tried the IntelMausi, but with this i don't have any LAN connection.
I also tried downloading this https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Intel-Network which was discussed in this thread (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-ethernet-gigabyte-z270x-ud5.217559/) where the user has the same MB as me.
But with this kext, i had internet for 3 seconds the first time i rebooted and then it was gone.

Any ideas what i could try next??

When you tried IntelMausi did you remove previous attempts?

When you tried IntelMausi did you remove previous attempts?
Hi.
If you mean delete the extensions in the folder /Library/Extensions, then yes i did. Is there another way of removing them?
I'm not sure i deleted all kexts, since i don't know what they all are :/

I don't know if it would be in another folder. Usually when you delete the Kext from that folder and then install the appropriate kext it would do the job. It didn't work on either port? You have 2 LAN ports, right?

I have the same motherboard. The IntelMausi kext works, but only for one of the ports. (The one farthest from the Audio ports) I haven’t yet figured out how to make the second port work. It doesn’t show up anywhere that I can find.

Also, you have to make sure you only have one Ethernet-related kext installed, and only in one place. (EFI/Clover/kexts/Other or /Library/Extensions)

I will put together a post on the details of my build. I think it will be helpful to you and anyone else who is running this motherboard. I’ve gone around a lot getting everything just right, except the built-in audio and this second Ethernet port. I was waiting to get them both working before I post my build details, but it seems lots of people have questions about stuff I’ve already solved, so maybe it will still be useful. Should be able to get that put together by Saturday. Maybe earlier.

I have the same motherboard. The IntelMausi kext works, but only for one of the ports. (The one farthest from the Audio ports) I haven’t yet figured out how to make the second port work. It doesn’t show up anywhere that I can find.
Your motherboard has two different Intel LAN ports, Intel I211 and I219-V.

The AppleIGB.kext is used for your Intel I211 LAN port, but can cause kernel panics.
The IntelMausiEthernet.kext is used for your Intel I219-V LAN port and very stable.

Also, you have to make sure you only have one Ethernet-related kext installed, and only in one place. (EFI/Clover/kexts/Other or /Library/Extensions)

I will put together a post on the details of my build. I think it will be helpful to you and anyone else who is running this motherboard. I’ve gone around a lot getting everything just right, except the built-in audio and this second Ethernet port. I was waiting to get them both working before I post my build details, but it seems lots of people have questions about stuff I’ve already solved, so maybe it will still be useful. Should be able to get that put together by Saturday. Maybe earlier.

Awesome!! That was it. Man i've been trying so many different things for a while now, didn't think of that little trick... :)
Thanks a lot!!

Id be very happy to read your build! I'm sure there are a few more things i can fix up still!
I also seem to have some usb3 problems, but haven't had the time to test em out yet!
Could you write me up, when you write about your build?

Your motherboard has two different Intel LAN ports, Intel I211 and I219-V.

The AppleIGB.kext is used for your Intel I211 LAN port, but can cause kernel panics.
The IntelMausiEthernet.kext is used for your Intel I219-V LAN port and very stable.

thanks for the info. That explains a lot! :)

Is this kernel panic a problem only at startup or could this also lead to problems using the computer?
Sometimes the Hackintosh starts and both LAN ports are working. I don't want encounter problems during a session.

Is this kernel panic a problem only at startup or could this also lead to problems using the computer?
Sometimes the Hackintosh starts and both LAN ports are working. I don't want encounter problems during a session.
From what I've seen most of the issues with AppleIGB.kext are kernel panic at startup.

Perhaps try SmallTree-Intel-211-AT-PCIe-GBE.kext instead of AppleIGB.kext

Hey D-Chef, i tried to see if i could write to you in a private message but it seems that this is not possible. I saw you didn't put up the documentation to your build. Maybe you could help me out though? I still have a problem running 2 screens. Im not using a Gfx Card though and using the Gfx from my Intel CPU. I tried the HD630 kext but it still doesn't work. Do you have any experience on this or could you tell me where to look?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back