Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I had these lags on my old machine running El Capitan (Haswell, GTX 970).
Then I bought a new machine (Coffee Lake, GTX 1080) and installed High Sierra, and the lags persisted.
The lags: TotalFinder tabs animation is stuttery and slow, navigation in TotalFinder is slow; Chrome tabs animation is stuttery and laggy, chrome itself is laggy; Launchpad animations are dropping frames (slightly); Even switching between windows has a slight delay.
nVidia web driver is installed.
Clover config is the default one + nVidia web driver checkmark + SMBIOS 18,3.
Kexts are FakeSMC + nVidiaDrvFixUp + Lilu + IntelMausiEthernet.
Drivers installed are EmuVariableUefi-64.efi (required for the video card) + OsxAptioFixDrv2.
The hackintosh is unusable, and Windows on the same machines is lightning fast compared to it.
What could cause these lags?

Last edited:
@kuchumovn, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

I had these lags on my old machine running El Capitan (Haswell, GTX 970).
Then I bought a new machine (Coffee Lake, GTX 1080) and installed High Sierra, and the lags persisted.
The lags: TotalFinder tabs animation is stuttery and slow, navigation in TotalFinder is slow; Chrome tabs animation is stuttery and laggy, chrome itself is laggy; Launchpad animations are dropping frames (slightly); Even switching between windows has a slight delay.
nVidia web driver is installed.
Clover config is the default one + nVidia web driver checkmark + SMBIOS 18,3.
Kexts are FakeSMC + nVidiaDrvFixUp + Lilu + IntelMausiEthernet.
Drivers installed are EmuVariableUefi-64.efi (required for the video card) + OsxAptioFixDrv2.
The hackintosh is unusable, and Windows on the same machines is lightning fast compared to it.
What could cause these lags?

I'm having the exact same problems. Were you ever able to fix the lag?

I have a very similar setup, and also experience very short UI pauses / lags about every second.

Just FYI: i had extreme lags and stutters with the latest NVIDIA webdriver, but its running much more smoothly with the previous version of the webdriver (still have those random micro pauses / lags though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back