1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey there,

When I first turn on the computer and get to my desktop my volume control does nothing (doesn't bring up the speaker logo with the white squares). I then open an app that uses sound and the computer becomes completely unresponsive and I get the spinning beachball. After about 30 seconds the computer comes back and my built in audio works and everything is perfect there on out. It didn't use to do this and I'm not really sure what caused it to start doing this. I tried running MB and reinstalling audio and running system utilities. Anyone else experience this?

I'm on 10.7.4

X79

When I first turn on the computer and get to my desktop my volume control does nothing (doesn't bring up the speaker logo with the white squares). I then open an app that uses sound and the computer becomes completely unresponsive and I get the spinning beachball. After about 30 seconds the computer comes back and my built in audio works and everything is perfect there on out. It didn't use to do this and I'm not really sure what caused it to start doing this. I tried running MB and reinstalling audio and running system utilities. Anyone else experience this?
Try a fresh install.

Yeah this happened after I used a backup clone. So I can't use clones anymore?

Your clone has the same problem as your live system. You know the answer.

What I meant was, it was perfect when I cloned it.. Now that I backup from the clone it has this sound problem.. I've been living with it, after the sound is done initializing the computer is perfect. I might try to go to 10.7.5 and see if it helps. Last time I tried that my system wouldn't boot which is why I reverted to my backup in the first place... I DUNNO! ;(

What I meant was, it was perfect when I cloned it.. Now that I backup from the clone it has this sound problem.. (
I have no way of knowing what changed in your system. Suggest fresh install.

Toleda, I appreciate any and all of your advice. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back