i5-4300U
Graphics
HD4400
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
build: z9pe-d8 ws + 2x intel e5-2670 v1
Seems like older build installation guide doesn't work for 10.13
BIOS setup according to this guide:
- Advanced>CPU Power Management Configuration>Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology>Disabled
- Advanced>Chipset Configuration>Memory Configuration>DDR Speed>Set proper speed for your RAM (1866, for mine)
- Advanced>Intel (r) VT for Directed I/O Configuration>Intel (r) VT-d>Disabled
- Boot>CSM Parameters>Launch CSM>Always
- Boot>CSM Parameters>Boot Option Filter>UEFI and Legacy
- Security>Secure Boot Menu>Secure Boot>Disabled
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/giacomoleopardos-x79-mostro.200083/
KP is too fast to take a photo so i can only make a short video

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 45
The backtrace is often caused by an invalid firmware table that is motherboard/firmware specific. My understanding is you can press 'o' at the clover screen and investigate whether your firmware includes the MATS or DMAR table, and if so, you need to add an ACPI patch in clover configurator (in config.plist) to drop these tables. There are threads in the forum about it. There are several tables that 10.13 does not like if they are present in firmware but these seem to be the most prominent. I'll upload a screenshot of what clover configurator and just quick looking your config.plist should look like after you make the change. P.S. I don't know that it would harm your system to just go ahead and drop both of them, but without knowing if your firmware has them, if the system continued to backtrace, you wouldn't be clear on if the fix should have worked.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 9.40.13 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 9.40.13 AM.png
    305.3 KB · Views: 120
The backtrace is often caused by an invalid firmware table that is motherboard/firmware specific. My understanding is you can press 'o' at the clover screen and investigate whether your firmware includes the MATS or DMAR table, and if so, you need to add an ACPI patch in clover configurator (in config.plist) to drop these tables. There are threads in the forum about it. There are several tables that 10.13 does not like if they are present in firmware but these seem to be the most prominent. I'll upload a screenshot of what clover configurator and just quick looking your config.plist should look like after you make the change. P.S. I don't know that it would harm your system to just go ahead and drop both of them, but without knowing if your firmware has them, if the system continued to backtrace, you wouldn't be clear on if the fix should have worked.

Rather than dropping tables, better to use config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/FixHeaders_20000000=true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back