Contribute
Register

KP When Operating UTorrent (Z68X-UD5-B5 F8 / 10.7.1 )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z68X-UD5
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 5870
Hi All

So far so good with my Customac # 4

Clean install OSX Lion and GFX seems to be working properlike!

Only Kernel Panic I am getting is when I utilise a t*****t Program and the download stream starts coming thru!

It shits its pants and dumps this on my screen (if i am reading it correctly) its telling me there is an issue with my Ethernet Card/Driver??

2011-09-19062459.jpg

or is it an ECU Drama...

I have tried both the Ethernet drivers, Lnx2mac driver and the other driver (3rd one on the list in Multibeast 4.0.2)

I don't t*****t Items often.. but its a pretty annoying flaw... I never had this issue with my X58-UD5 board....

Other than that the Hackintosh goes great, inclined not to overclock untill this is resolved,

Oh and the Inherant Issue with Adobe Flash in Lion sucks but thats Adobes bad apparently

if anyone can shed any light please let me know Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Z68XP-UD4 and a P67A-UD5-B3, they both have Realtek Ethernet Controles but it seems that either they are not the same one or they behave differently under different chipsets. On one mobo both drivers work but the Realtek Drivers cause a kernel panic similar to yours during downloads so i have to use the Lin2Mac drivers. On the other one only the Realtek Drivers work flawlessly. I figured it out by trial and error.
My guess is the Realtek Drivers are causing the panics in your system so you could probably get by with the Lin2Mac one. You need to be sure only one set of the Drivers is installed at a time, so installing one of them only after you remove the previous one installed and have all the permissions repaired.

Good luck

neysito said:
I have a Z68XP-UD4 and a P67A-UD5-B3, they both have Realtek Ethernet Controles but it seems that either they are not the same one or they behave differently under different chipsets. On one mobo both drivers work but the Realtek Drivers cause a kernel panic similar to yours during downloads so i have to use the Lin2Mac drivers. On the other one only the Realtek Drivers work flawlessly. I figured it out by trial and error.
My guess is the Realtek Drivers are causing the panics in your system so you could probably get by with the Lin2Mac one. You need to be sure only one set of the Drivers is installed at a time, so installing one of them only after you remove the previous one installed and have all the permissions repaired.

Good luck

Crapola!!! so which one do i have to delete (to get rid of the Realtek drivers) as far as i can tell it embeds itself in to the contents of the Standard Kext.

... Maybe a Clean isntall is best..

Gordo74 said:
If you use the official realtek drivers, this is what happens, you need to use Lnx2Mac's driver to not get KPs, he is working on a version to include a lot more cards.
how can i remove the official realtek driver?

abarbarich said:
neysito said:

Good luck

Crapola!!! so which one do i have to delete (to get rid of the Realtek drivers) as far as i can tell it embeds itself in to the contents of the Standard Kext.

... Maybe a Clean isntall is best..

It gets installed here: /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext
To remove it you need to right clic on the kext, select "Show Package Contents", then go to "PlugIns" and remove AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext. Then run System Utilities in multibeast, reboot. Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back