Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus maximus VIII Ranger
CPU
I5 6600k
Graphics
Sapphire RX 480 8gb
Hi guys, trouble here updating to sierra...
What i did...

Backed up El Capitan and my EFI partition
Mounted EFI with EFI Mounter v3
Updated clover
Moved fakesmc and mausiethernet on kext/other
Ran sierra update

And that's what happens when i boot... i tried without caches, kext inj, various combo...

what can cause this panic?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxAdFzztV0l6ejdRVmdVel9Xelk

Verbose mode gives me the same error, safe mode run the bars over the end, but nothing happens...
I tried to remove from the other folder all the kext except the fakesmc, but nothing makes the magc
What can i try?

I'm on a maximus viii ranger, 6600k, 16gb ddr4, no gpu (a 480 waiting on the shelf, after the update...) All working like charm before the update.

What i did...

Updated clover
Ran sierra update

And that's what happens when i boot... i tried without caches, kext inj, various combo...

Verbose mode gives me the same error, safe mode run the bars over the end, but nothing happens...
I tried to remove from the other folder all the kext except the fakesmc, but nothing makes the magc
What can i try?

I'm on a maximus viii ranger, 6600k, 16gb ddr4, no gpu (a 480 waiting on the shelf, after the update...) All working like charm before the update.

Looks like Graphics related. Use attachments on this site.

My 530igpu was recognised and working well on El Capitan, what can i try?

You could try disabling IGPU in config.plist and see if that gets you any further. If you have a PCI-E Graphics could disable onboard IGPU in the bios and install with the dedicated Graphics.

You could try disabling IGPU in config.plist and see if that gets you any further. If you have a PCI-E Graphics could disable onboard IGPU in the bios and install with the dedicated Graphics.
I didn't have a pci-e gpu atm.. So disabling the igpu on config.plist can't work for me? boot to black??

What i did...

Updated clover
Ran sierra update

What can i try?

Perhaps if you googled/searched this forum a bit, you would have spotted exact (if not similar) kernel panic that I already posted in this thread, please check my post where I was able to address the issue: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...e-to-macos-sierra-using-clover-method.204132/

Still unsure what was the main cause, only thing I can find similarity between you and I is perhaps similar build; 6600k and Asus mobo. good luck!

Perhaps if you googled/searched this forum a bit, you would have spotted exact (if not similar) kernel panic that I already posted in this thread, please check my post where I was able to address the issue: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...e-to-macos-sierra-using-clover-method.204132/

Still unsure what was the main cause, only thing I can find similarity between you and I is perhaps similar build; 6600k and Asus mobo. good luck!
Man of the day... Upgraded with MultiBeast, then swapped the EFI partition.... I have to fix audio again.. But I'm suffering a lot of graphical issue, flickering, random lines, etc... What can be the cause? I tried with inject Intel or not, with no difference... Trying to install the HD530 from MultiBeast makes the system with the previous kernel panic... How did you fixed that?

Man of the day... Upgraded with multibeast, then swapped the efi partition.... I have to fix audio again.. But i'm suffering a lot of graphical issue, flickering, random lines, etc... What can be the cause? I tried with inject intel or not, with no difference... Trying to install the HD530 from multibeast makes the system with the previous kernel panic... How did you fixed that?

Glad it worked for you as well. I do suffer for graphical issue as well but apparenlty it is the most common issue for Sierra vs HD 530 (many user has noted this issue in this forum multiple times).

I am waiting on the guru to solve this issue:)

Glad it worked for you as well. I do suffer for graphical issue as well but apparenlty it is the most common issue for Sierra vs HD 530 (many user has noted this issue in this forum multiple times).

I am waiting on the guru to solve this issue:)

Not just HD 530 has issues in Sierra. Ive had and other people have had issues with 4600 also.

Not just HD 530 has issues in Sierra. Ive had and other people have had issues with 4600 also.
Reading the forum i think it's a common problem with all the skylake family.. We will wait for a fix, hoping that will come soon...
So the status of the 10.12.1? Maybe they will release it on the next mac event?
I hope there will be a skylake (/kabylake) and amd polaris future implementation in the new mac...

Tonight i will try to update my bios to the latest version, and then i will try to instal a 480 sapphire, and that for sure will make my machine status more unstable than ever :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back