Graphics
GTX 650
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm writing hoping someone will shade some light about this issue I'm facing.
My hardware is made up of X58a-UD3R, HD 5770, 12GB of RAM and a simple 1TB Western Digital HD running, until few months ago, Snow Leopard. The computer itself runs also Windows 10 on a separate HD, which is always off when Snow Leopard is running - and viceversa.
In other words, I must select the operating system to load and push an external switch to power the designated HD.
I did an attempt to load the operating system but I obtained several KP. Thus I tried to load iBoot 2.7 nad got the same KP.
What gives?
Is there a way to boot the PC and doing and attempt to repair the operating system on the HD?.
Thanks in advance.

Did you try booting in Safe mode?
Thanks for your reply... In the meantime I burnt a new CD with iBoot latest version (3.x) but the results are always the same. I mean that using iBoot I still get a KP. At present, I don't know how to boot in safe mode, neither from iBoot nor from the HD.

I never used iBoot but I suppose that if you have a KP with it, the issue is elsewhere.
Does it boot on your Windows drive?
• If not, I'd check every connector inside, unplug/replug the memory sticks (if you have 2 of them, try to boot with only one, then only with the other), try booting without anything external connected.
• If it does boot on your Windows drive, then I'd check the BIOS settings, it might be that you've lost some important settings — very likely to be your old CMOS battery that needs changing on such an old pc.
EDIT: well, my second point applies in both cases, in the end... ;)

I never used iBoot but I suppose that if you have a KP with it, the issue is elsewhere.
Does it boot on your Windows drive?
• If not, I'd check every connector inside, unplug/replug the memory sticks (if you have 2 of them, try to boot with only one, then only with the other), try booting without anything external connected.
• If it does boot on your Windows drive, then I'd check the BIOS settings, it might be that you've lost some important settings — very likely to be your old CMOS battery that needs changing on such an old pc.
Very kind of yours... Well, My PC has a sort of switches that can let me decide what will be the HD that boot. Thus if I select the switch connected woth Windows 10 OS, it will boot under Windows 10 and in the meantime Snow Leopard HD is turned off. Just this evening I reloaded BIOS settings, checked if something was missing but - apparently - it was everything OK. What lets me quite doubtful is that nothing has really changed since a long time. I just powered the HD where Snow Leopard resides, attempted to boot with it, but got a KP. Same said for iBoot 3.x.
I need to check if something has gone wrong somewhere else.... tomorrow... here in Italy it's midnight... time to sleep ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back