i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

so, I assembled my (first) Hackintosh, created the UniBeast USB stick with ML on it. Now I try to boot the stick to do the very first ML install, but it kernel panics shortly after booting. Can't be a VT-d issue since the CPU doesn't support that anyway.

My hardware is: GA-Z77MX-D3H, i5-3570K, Gigabyte GTX 650 Ti. I hoped that it would all work out of the box, so next to the graphics card I also plugged in the TP-Link TL-WDN4800 WiFi card + the Sonnet FireWire 800 PCIe card.

Yeah, maybe I should have known better, but I'm pretty sure that I've seen people here on the forums saying that they managed the first install with the graphics card plugged in. Point is that my case is so small that to un-install the graphics card (or any card for that matter) I have to remove the power supply and all the wiring and cables.

I've tried the flags:
Code:
PCIRootUID=1/0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No -v -x
and variations of the above to no avail. It always freezes on hitting the onboard LAN + WLAN (Atheros) for the first time (my interpretation) and the last line usually is:
Code:
IO80211Interface efiNVRAMPublished
to which Google delivers only few results. Is this the GTX? The FireWire card? The WLAN card? The VIA onboard audio?

Now, let's assume it's the GTX. I can disable the graphics card in the motherboard's BIOS, would that help? I tried that, and plugging my DVI screen to the onboard DVI, which gives me a picture as usual but the installer/booter freezes at the same spot mentioned above.

As I mentioned, un-installing cards is a pain in my case (pun intended). I see that the FireWire and the graphics card have a power plug. Is pulling the power plug the same as un-installing these cards? Pulling the plug on the FireWire card, would that be like "skipping" that card?

What flags should I go for? Is it 100% sure that there's no way in hell that my initial install of Mountain Lion will work with the GTX installed? I'd rather be sure ...

graphicsenabler=no you wont have to take video card out -x -f -v take a pic if get a kp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back