Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Probook 4530s-Clover
CPU
i5-2430M
Graphics
HD 3000
Hi
This is related to my Gigabyte P55 UD3L machine.

I had 2 partitions on my internal Sata HD.
A 10.6.8 which was running fine
A 10.9.X which was working but was taking forever to boot (over 10mn!)

So as Yosemite came along I thought it was a good opportunity to update my 10.9

So I prepared a Unibeast stick (using 5.0.1) with Yosemite installer on it. All worked ok.

When trying to install on my machine, with USB I've been greeted with a "Can't Find - mach_Kernel"
I remembered having the same issue when installing Mavericks.
So I had to update to Chimera 4.0 (the latest)
Then only then my Unibeast USB installer was working.

So I've installed Yosemite, no problem, ran Multibeast.

But when I try to boot into 10.6.8 I get a KP see picture attached
I have even tried to boot it with the USB stick to no avail...

Attachments

• P1040096.jpg
    P1040096.jpg
    1,013 KB · Views: 103
Can you boot SL to desktop by booting with the UniBeast installer and selecting the SL icon?

No matter what I do (I've just tried again booting with unibeast) I still get the screen of death! See picture above.

I can't boot at all and this system was pretty solid before updating to the latest version of Chimera...

No matter what I do (I've just tried again booting with unibeast) I still get the screen of death! See picture above.

I can't boot at all and this system was pretty solid before updating to the latest version of Chimera...

Can you boot 10.6.8 with iBoot? Can you boot with -x?

All this has to do with the way 10.9.0 and later treat memory - NVRAM support moved locations - new OS X needs nvram.dylib in the /Extra/Modules folder, but SL does not even need it.

Thanks Going Bald,

I haven't tried iBoot (I haven't used iBoot for a few years!) but I was thinking about it, I will give it a go and then report.
I think I have tried to boot with -x -v but will check again

I have restored since my Extra folder on 10.6.8 from a time machine backup.
As I was experiencing some CMOS checksum error I have updated my motherboard BIOS, and then installed the appropriate DSDT in both extra folders (10.6.8 and 10.10). I've also checked the CMOS reset patch in multibeast.
But that didn't seem to change my 10.6.8 problem.

I think something must have been changed at the disc's root level. As I've updated to Chimera 4 from my 10.6.8 system.

Ok so I have tried with iBoot 3.3.0

No luck...
first with no flags, then -x and then I have used -x -f -v

I have attached more pictures if it helps...

Attachments

• P1040097.jpg
    P1040097.jpg
    1,021.5 KB · Views: 116
  • P1040098.jpg
    P1040098.jpg
    767.8 KB · Views: 92
  • P1040099.jpg
    P1040099.jpg
    880.7 KB · Views: 95
Here's another capture after trying to boot with ncpi=0x2000 and DSDT=null

To be on the safe side, I have also removed all 3 PCI cards (UAD1, MOTU, Firewire) from the motherboard.

Another question is, can I use the latest multibeast from my Yosemite system to apply on my 10.6.8, I've got an older SL version but this is the only version that allows me to install on another volume...
In the case of course that it would help...

Attachments

• P1040100.jpg
    P1040100.jpg
    983.6 KB · Views: 101
I guess it is now a lost cause and I might have to reinstall 10.6.8 from scratch.

Considering I have Chimera from the latest Yosemite install, can I install 10.6.8 on another partition without breaking 10.10?

I guess it is now a lost cause and I might have to reinstall 10.6.8 from scratch.

Considering I have Chimera from the latest Yosemite install, can I install 10.6.8 on another partition without breaking 10.10?

Do you remember what version tou originally installed of Chimera?
Older versions are available from http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=8 and you could re-install it. Boot your Yosemite, launch the installer and point it at the SL drive to install it, assuming the drives are different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back