Contribute
Register

KP after adding ncpi=0x3000, or ncpi=0x2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried to boot main drive today and either it hangs at logo or just panics. It worked fine yesterday and I have made no changes on the main drive, no edits, no new software, no hardware, nothing. I tried to boot in with rboot, but that is giving me a crash as well. The top image attached is the rboot error, the bottom image is the main drive error.
Is there a way to repair permissions from chimera when booting up?

Attachments

• IMG_3125.JPG
    IMG_3125.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 118
  • IMG_3130.JPG
    IMG_3130.JPG
    6 MB · Views: 118
If you can boot in single user mode, delete the voodoohda kext.
Then you should be able to boot normally.

worked... your ****ing awesome. Had a pretty long end of week and weekend, running on little sleep, was working on audio with my back up, I must have inadvertently installed voodoo again on my main drive. It really sucked because of course my backup happened to be down as well.

Hello, I guess I have a similar problem with my nvidia gtx460, after several installations of Lion I realize that it seems to have conflict with the VoodooHDA driver because of the HDMI out of the videocard. Can't pass the PCI Configuration Begin screen :banghead: . I have a intel DP43TF mobo and I'm not using a DSDT file so far.. because all my other hardware worked ok so far with kexts and my hackintosh is running in 64bits too.
Anyone knows any modified version of VoodooHDA that ignores the HDMI of the video card?? I think it could be a solution in my case
If there is another solution please let me know, by now I'm using a 9500GT as replacement.
Thanks in advance

Have you tried the "pci configuration begins" fix included in multibeast? That got me past the logo screen. You could also try searching the net for a modified voodoo version specifically for your mobo. I have been running in 32 bit; it is the only thing that seems to work so that i have sound. Heard that mountain lion will support fermi cards, so hoping that will fix my problem. I tried dsdt as well, and it did not improve my system performance or stability at all. It is something to try, but more than likely if it is working with kexts, then i would just stick with those. Also you could try removing voodoo all together to see if your system will at least boot with the gtx. Another tip i was givin was to purchase an external usb sound card/apadtor in order to bypass the analog connectors on the mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back