Contribute
Register

KP after adding ncpi=0x3000, or ncpi=0x2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great... Yeah, in 64 bit. I've already wiped the other kexts i tried; used a backup for the tests so as to not brick my main. Could it be the hdmi audio on the graphics card causing the problems? I thought about following one of those enable hdmi audio guides and seeing if that would fix it. I can't think of anything else it could be.
I still have not had a single crash or hang since removing voodoo however. I have thought about the usb audio, but i already have a pretty nice 7.1 logitech sound system, and it has analog connectors. Ultimately, I'm gonna have to find a work around. I need to locate more posts concerning 560 ti graphics cards and voodoo kp, so far I just cannot find anyone with the same issue. Maybe that points to user error, and there is something I forgot to do or am not doing.
I did find a user made enabler that delays the loading of voodoo kext, thought that might help. Might try it on my backup.
I've tried all the voodoohda kexts included in the most current version of multi beast, I might look for a larger source for them. Even the newest versions in beast have disclaimers indicating a good chance for system instability.

The delayed load of Voodoo is called VoodooLoader.
That might solve the conflict with the hdmi audio (not sure)
Also check the Voodoo pages at http://code.google.com/p/voodoohda/downloads/list
Nothing wrong with trying on your test build...

Tried voodoo loader, and couldnt get it to work, or at least it never restored sound. Went back to trying the stable voodoo options in multibeast and realized that nothing is being installed, not sure why. I checked voodoo .0.2.1, then 0.2.2, and both times the kext never shows up in s/l/e. i even tried googleing for the two versions I wanted to test, got them, and used kext helper to install, but they also dont show. Are the older versions not compatible in lion? I would still think it would install. Also, it seems some of my kexts show as folders and not blocks, didnt think it caused any problems, but could that have something to do with it? It seems really strange, the 3 other voodoo versions in beast, the ones that mention boot problems, all install fine, i mean, they crash my system, but they at least install. I might have better luck with an older version of voodoo that is known to be stable.

Try with the latest voodoo, in combination with the loader. That should work.

Had tried it already, but tried it again. After using the newest voodoo with voodoo loader, it crashed my system (multi-language reboot message), so I repaired perms, restarted, and I now have 4 different "digital-out" listed in my sound outputs. Tried all 4, no sound. The voodoo I had been using when I started this thread is 0.2.62, and it added "green-out" and hdmi to my sound outputs, which worked. I need analog output for my speakers. What is soundflower (2ch) and soundflower (16ch)?
Also, I just found a voodoo kext for VIA® VT1828S audio codec on osx86, which my board uses. Weird thing is, once again, when I try and install it, it does not show up in s/l/e. Are my problems being caused by hdmi audio? Is there a way to disable hdmi audio within voodoo next?

I think you try and get some support with experienced Voodoo Users.
I never used it really, only tested once... and then also with the loader.
Don't know the 'special' features, like the plist inside the kext and it's options...

Yeah, i'll try and post in a voodoo thread. I have been playing around with it some more; had found a 2.7.2 version of voodoo, which someone had patched for an asus board. I did manage to restore sound, and I haven't crashed yet, but the end result is not as good to me as the audio setup I had before. I can only select, in audio outputs, a specific channel (ex. "green-out", "grey-out", "orange-out", "black-out"), and sound will only be played out of those corresponding speakers. So I added a new aggregate device in midi utility to properly configure the sound channels. This however locks my system sound; I have to use the master knob on the speaker itself, which is something I could live with if I had too, but I have a multi display and my speakers are behind the monitors, so it's a pain in the ass not to be able to use the keyboard shortcut for volume. Also, I can't seem to properly configure multi channel stereo. I can set up surround sound, for movies and such, but this isn't why I have multiple speakers. I'm kind of an audiophile, and just prefer the louder, fuller sound of multiple channels. The voodoo kext I had before, that causes kp, allowed sound to be played out of all channels, perfectly, it sounded great, no popping or delays, and no configuring. :banghead: . This is frustrating...

Been experimenting with dsdt and most current voodoohda, i've attached the verbose error log. Maybe this error log is different. If you could, take a look, let me know if this is fixable, and maybe we can try going in a different direction.

Attachments

• IMG_3121.JPG
    IMG_3121.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 103
zcmccl2 said:
Been experimenting with dsdt and most current voodoohda, i've attached the verbose error log. Maybe this error log is different. If you could, take a look, let me know if this is fixable, and maybe we can try going in a different direction.
That one seems to be fakesmc failing to load.
Did you try selecting system utilities and fakesmc from the latest multibeast?

Also, whe creating an aggregated device, it is normal that the master volume control doesn't work anymore... even on real macs... ;) google it...

Not sure why I have so many failed loads... am I supposed to run migration again after I install voodoo from beast? Does it hurt anything running it a second time?
I didn't create an aggregate device for the purpose of audio control, I set it up so that I could play music through all speakers at once, which is what I had before. Now all my channels are separate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back