Not open for further replies.

pct

Motherboard
HP Elitebook 840 G6
CPU
i5-8365U
Graphics
UHD 620
EDIT: I was thinking my issue just appeared after few updates but I remember now I was able to boot and issue came after a try to print. I have updated the issue below.

Hi

I am running Lion 10.7.3 for month without problems on a GA-H55M-UD2H.

Yesterday, I have updated my system with the following Apple updates:
1/ RAW file support 3.14
2/ Airport utility 6.1
3/ iTunes 10.6.3
4/ java OSX 2012-004 1.0

I also put the MS Office 14.2.2 update at the same time.

The day after, I booted successfully and tried to print a PDF: trying to customize the printer, the driver freezed and I had to kill the Preview app. Second try gave me same result.

Then, starting the next reboot, I now have a KP apparently on AppleACPIPlatform just after I hit Enter on the Chimera screen. I say apparently as I have the Green Windows that come quickly on top of the messages so I cannot read entirely the screen.

I tried to boot with -v -f -x but it hangs in "waiting for root devices". An other try gave me errors "AppleUSBCDC Start : initdevice failed" before again a waiting for root device loop.
I tried just with -f, then I have the gray screen with Apple logo and the waiting circle animation then I have the stop Icon and nothing happens.

By chance, I have a second clone partition with a backup of March 2012 that allow me to boot: so I am able to read my primary faulty partition: I tried to repair permission but same result.

And now I am stuck and do not know how I can move forward to trouble shoot the issue and understand what's causing the KP. What should I try? What logs should I look at ?

What the printer customisation could have change to generate a KP ?

Appreciate your advise
Thanks

Re: How to trouble shoot KP after few updates on running system

Try booting in 32 bit, I did this once when I got in a situation like that and it booted up and then I ran multibeast system utilities and it was fine again.

The command in multibeast is arch=i386

Also try UseKernelCache=NO

Do both together

arch=i386 UseKernelCache=NO

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back