i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All.

I'm a total newbie here. Have been a mac fan for a long time and have been running protools and logic on my macbook pros for many years now. Have finally decided to build my own hackintosh as I like the idea of being able to fix things myself and Im getting frustrated with how apple are making this increasingly difficult. So I am nearly there. I have built everything and have a bootable usb drive. I just cant finish the installation. I plan to use an apple magic keyboar as this enables me to walk around the studio and contol the computer from some distance. Initially I thought this was the problem but no. I setup the recommended BIOS changes as per the installation guide on this page using an old plug in keyboard (not sure the name of those ports). I boot from the USB drive and then the old keboard stops working but the magic keyboard works when plugged into USB. I can select to boot from the screen with clover icons and such and I can navigate those pages fine. I get as far as selecting the language. Once Ive selected it the next screen I get is the macOS screen saying "to set up the installation of macOS, click continue". Here is where I'm stuck. No keyboard works at this point and I cannot select continue. The old kezboard doesnt work. The magic keyboard doesnt and neither does a conventional usb keyboard I borrowed. The only button that works (on both the USB and the magic keyboard) is the space button which selects "back" and around I go again. I've looked on the forums hear but couldnt find anything that relates to this problem specifically. Please help. Thanks

Hi All.

I'm a total newbie here. Have been a mac fan for a long time and have been running protools and logic on my macbook pros for many years now. Have finally decided to build my own hackintosh as I like the idea of being able to fix things myself and Im getting frustrated with how apple are making this increasingly difficult. So I am nearly there. I have built everything and have a bootable usb drive. I just cant finish the installation. I plan to use an apple magic keyboar as this enables me to walk around the studio and contol the computer from some distance. Initially I thought this was the problem but no. I setup the recommended BIOS changes as per the installation guide on this page using an old plug in keyboard (not sure the name of those ports). I boot from the USB drive and then the old keboard stops working but the magic keyboard works when plugged into USB. I can select to boot from the screen with clover icons and such and I can navigate those pages fine. I get as far as selecting the language. Once Ive selected it the next screen I get is the macOS screen saying "to set up the installation of macOS, click continue". Here is where I'm stuck. No keyboard works at this point and I cannot select continue. The old kezboard doesnt work. The magic keyboard doesnt and neither does a conventional usb keyboard I borrowed. The only button that works (on both the USB and the magic keyboard) is the space button which selects "back" and around I go again. I've looked on the forums hear but couldnt find anything that relates to this problem specifically. Please help. Thanks

same thing happening to me! I'm sure we will figure it out soon!

So it turned out I just needed a mouse. It never occured to me as I've been using a macbook pro for so long with just the trackpad. Used the mouse to click up the top in the menu bar and open disk utility from there. Good luck. Now I'm trying to get my audio going and one of my drives recognized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back