Graphics
Intel HD3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, i have a problem with my keyboard: caps lock, B, N, F1, F8, F12 and R-ALT keys doesn't work, i havent hit or spill anything on it, i try an EC reset, and nothing, even in the bios setup doesnt work, i was wondering if its only a keyboard problem or can be hardware related.
Anyone experiment this problem, i wanna know that before i buy a new keyboard.

Like i say those keys dont work even in the bios setup, its 100% hardware, my question focus if its a keyboard or motherboard problem... I know its hard to test without another keyboard, but maybe someone else have this problem too.

well, one way or another its a hardware fault as you have said yourself.

Have you tried doing anything hardware related recently? screen upgrade etc..

Was it working ok before you did something?

Did you purchase it wit this fault?

have you tried an ec reset?, long shot, but won't hurt anything.

Is your bios up to date?

its seems as though its random keys that are not working, as in, not a bunch all together in one section, so that would perhaps rule out some sort of impact damage to a single area..

Sorry I can't be more help, but at least a few things there to check / answer..

Thank you for the answers.
I dissemble the whole keyboard key by key :crazy: and chech the pinout while pressing the keys. I was able to find the problem and is a small break in the printed circuit, impossible the fix because i cant take apart the two layers without break everything... so i'm happy anyway to know is a keyboard and not a Mobo problem, i just orded the replace... U$S 100 :-X (i live in Argentina)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back