GA-G31M-ES2L
CPU
E5300
Graphics
8800 GTS
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Okay, my Hackintosh is running great now. There's just one little problem: every time when I do a normal reboot, my keyboard doesn't work in my BIOS and in Chimera. I always have to turn my pc completely of and back on before it works.
If I reboot in Windows, the keyboard still works in Chimera, so I guess it's an issue in OS X. Does anyone know how to fix this?

tried another keyboard? if it's a PS/2 one get a USB one.

It is connected to USB. I've had this problem with all my keyboards.

Try this, some times its works, some times it doesnt.

1. shut down yr computer, turn off power, as in remove yr power cord from the back of yr case.

2. pull out yr usb keyboard and mouse fromthe case.
3. Wait 5 - 10 mins ( have eva long it take to make a coffee)
4. turn power back on.
5. plug in usb keyboard and Mouse
6. Boot up yr computer.

Yr mouse and keyboard should be working now :):)

p.s and if it isnt at least you got a coffeee to keeep you going while you trying something else . :clap: :clap:

The keyboard already works when I turn the pc back off and on. What I want is the keyboard working when I reboot. Isn't there a solution for that?

Clearly you didn't read my reply. It's BIOS related and no, there's no way to fix it, as it's a bug in Gigabyte's BIOS. Some boards had this and unless you find a newer BIOS version, there's no fix for it.

Damn, well thanks anyway.

that's strange, never had that bug with my last 4 Gigabyte boards, i'm assuming you've tried all the ports and made sure not to use the USB3 port? if it's happening in the BIOS tho i would RMA the board or contact Gigabyte.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back