Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have an Intellimouse USB, the one with 5 buttons. Two of the buttons are for forward/back in the browser. These buttons trigger the scrolling function and not forward/back. Is there a trick to get them to work? Also how to speed up the acceleration of the scroll wheel so it scrolls more lines at a time?

Also I have a Dell USB keyboard and I can't figure out why some of the buttons don't work. For example, Home and End. When you are typing in a box such as this you would expect the Home key to take the cursor to the front of the line, the End button to the end. But they seem to do nothing.

N00b questions I know, but I've never used a Mac before so I'm trying to get the hang of this. :D

There are some third party mouse apps you can install, but none of them are free.
I have a Microsoft X6 keyboard and although home and end doesn't do anything inside the text box, they do work for going to the top/bottom of a page in a browser for example. Also the volume button and the multimedia keys work on this keyboard.

Doh! too slow...

Haha, ok, I figured it out, hold down Alt on a PC keyboard, but then PgUp/PgDn works like Home/End on a PC keyboard and vice versa (Home/End becomes PgUp/PgDn) in a text box

And for your keyboard, look in System Preferences under Keyboard- you can map keys to do whatever you want! :mrgreen:

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-02-25 at 10.26.18 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-02-25 at 10.26.18 PM.png
    92.2 KB · Views: 158
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back