Graphics
GTX 2070
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Anyone else have the fn and ctrl keys swapped? Didn't notice this before 10.7.2, but now I need to hit hit ctrl+F3 to increase the brightness and ctrl+F9 to increase the volume. This has also carried over to Windows (dual-boot) so it might just be my laptop!

cfb44 said:
Anyone else have the fn and ctrl keys swapped? Didn't notice this before 10.7.2, but now I need to hit hit ctrl+F3 to increase the brightness and ctrl+F9 to increase the volume. This has also carried over to Windows (dual-boot) so it might just be my laptop!
It's not always there, I think it's related to dsdt but it means the keys actually coincide with a genuine mac

blueking said:
Try disabling the fingerprint reader in bios.

didn't help - thanks...

going to drop in the original drive and see if it works properly...

I'm wondering if there is a way to map my command key to my windows key instead of alt. On all of my desktop I use my windows key and I wish it were the same for my probook.

try opening keyboard in system preferences. and use the modifier keys option to mess with them.

I have just noticed that ctrl & fn keys are switched in windows as well, maybe it's a screw up in the bios?

I put the original Windows only drive back in, and the fn key functions correctly. Then put the MAC/WIN7 dual-boot drive back in, and now ctrl and fn function correctly again.

All maping in ApplePS2 or VoodooPS2 kext. We need sources for change scan codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back