Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, I did have a working system, but this morning when I booted, it randomly dropped the keyboard config. command and alt have changed mapping, and function doesn't respond (which means I cannot change brightness when I boot on battery). Control and Function have swapped.

What can I do to fix this?

It carries across reboots.

I've done some searching of the forum, and saw that there was others with it, and some said to remove the battery and others said go in and save BIOS changes. I've tried both, to no luck. I booted into Win7, and keys aren't swapped there. I'll reboot back into Lion and see if it is still happening. Only seems to effect Lion. Maybe a config or kext got messed up?

BIOS version is F.09

EDIT:
Thinking about it, when I booted up this morning (when keys got all wonkey), ethernet was also not wanting to work. I reinstalled the ethernet kext using the HP Installer, and that got it working again.

Ok, I installed a program called KeyRemap4Macbook. After installing and rebooting, function and control were back to normal, but not command and option. I used Keyremap to swap those two back to normal. Not perfect, but it is at least something.

Had it happen again, but this time, only in Windows. That time pulling the battery seemed to do the trick. I guess it is a hardware issue.

Anyone ever have this with F.20? I'm still on F.09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back