GT640
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello

What keyboard and mouse would be best suitable.

Would like to be able to use the system also for Linux and windows by booting the OS from a separate drive.

I'm pretty sure the magic mouse will work with linux, but make sure first. I'd recommend that and the apple wireless keyboard. Expensive but I'd say worth it.

seth556 said:
I'm pretty sure the magic mouse will work with linux, but make sure first. I'd recommend that and the apple wireless keyboard. Expensive but I'd say worth it.

If you do then you will need bluetooth. My suggestion is any mouse you like. USB is best. I like the Logitech Wave keyboard as it has software for both windows and Mac for all of its extra buttons and it has the keys labeled for both OSes too. It has a lot of cool buttons that you can program.

I do like the mighty mouse (I went with the older wired model)

On a UK machine Apples idea of a UK keyboard layout leaves a lot to be desired (sticking the @ symbol above the 2 rather than to the right of the L key where UK layouts have traditionally had it never ceases to catch me out) Ive also yet to work out where the 101-key IBM 'print screen' equivalent is for when booted into Windows, and the page up down home and end keys don't seem to behave quite the same either as a 101-key IBM keyboard either?

I like Apple Mighty Mouse but I had a couple of them go bad at work, but these were 2008 models, and while we did replace them, for home I stick to Logitech mice like the Logitech MX518 which it's oodles of extra buttons, extra wheel control (move it side to side) etc. Great for photoshop macros and playing games. I'm sure there a newer models now, but the mX 518 is still available for much cheaper than I paid initially (around $39 now).

As far as keyboards, I've been really happy with the latest model of the Apple keyboard, both wireless and wired versions. I really like the feel of these new Apple keyboards. I bought a wired version first for my hackintosh though as I did not have bluetooth on my hackintosh (the wireless is for my Mac Book Pro and my iPad 3G whenever it ships).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back