RX 580 4Gb
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All,

I currently have a (temperamentally) bootable Sierra system, as specified in my Profile.
But four issues remain:

1. USB3 doesn't work. plugging a USB2 device into the ports works fine, but a USB3 device will power up but not be recognised by the OS.

2. The machine won't wake from sleep, and when I select shutdown from the Apple menu, the machine will shutdown, but after 2 second will power on and start the boot process.

3. The onboard Audio hardware shows in the system report, but not on the AudioMIDI manager, thus isn't usable.

4. Occasionally the machine will attempt to boot (black screen, Apple Logo, no progress bar), but then the crossed circle appears, this will happen for a few reset cycles, after which it will happily boot.

Since, during one of my earlier attempts to build this hackintosh (before the addition of the GFX cards) I did manage get USB3, onboard audio, and wake-from-sleep working, I can only conclude it is an issue with the installed kext files. During these earlier attempts I had no idea what I was doing and would just keep changing settings until something worked.

Please advise, how to proceed.

Last edited:
Having spent the morning reading through the Clover Configurator documentation, it seems I might need to "Install the XhciDxe"... to enable the USB3 ports.
-edit- Odd effect: plugging a cheap USB3 hub into one of the rear USB3 ports works fine, and all devices plugged in, operate in USB3 mode, but plugging directly into any of the motherboard USB3 sockets causes the device to be ignored.

I have also attempted to follow: https://github.com/toleda/audio_ALCInjection/blob/master/[Guide]-Add_HDEF-kext.pdf and will report back if that enables the onboard ALC1150 Audio.

The "Fix Shutdown" patch doesn't seem to work:
<key>Fixes</key>

<dict>
<key>FixShutdown_0004</key>
<true/>
</dict>

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back