Contribute
Register

kext stall / IOCONSOLEUSERS - Locking Up After Restart - Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 5ATX LGA1150 DDR3
CPU
Intel i4790K 4GHz
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX970 Gaming G1
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Have had everything running on High Sierra for a long time without issue. Lately had a catastrophic crash, reinstalled everything from a CCC backup and was running for a few days without issue. Had a couple issues getting sound to run again, ended up using Universal VOODOO, and was having a few hard drive permissions issues, which seemed resolved until--

Today, restarted and now locking up, ran verbose mode, took a photo of the hang up and attached my config.plist.

I can successfully boot with USB clover, and once back into High Sierra I tried deleting the EFI folder and rebuilding with Multibeast, but still hanging.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_20200217_144845.jpg
    IMG_20200217_144845.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 41
  • config.plist
    5.2 KB · Views: 55
Try re-installing the Nvidia web drivers for your specific version of High Sierra.

10.13.6 High Sierra 17G65 drivers reinstalled (after booting via USB), restarted (verbose) and still hanging, kextd stall and busy timeout as in attached photo of hang

Any other suggestions? Again, I can get in via USB..

Attachments

• IMG_20200217_171340.jpg
    IMG_20200217_171340.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 36
It seems that no matter what I do with my config.plist / EFI (even reverting to previous backed up version of Clover), it still hangs. Perhaps an issue outside of the EFI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back