Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus B250M Plus
CPU
i5 7600
Graphics
Asus GTX1080 8GB Turbo
Build: i5 7600, GTX1080, Asus B250m

I have completed a vanilla install, and got it working! However, the last step or two in the following process has given me some grief, as I now can't login to OS. After clicking boot OSX, I'm getting "kext stall 'AppleACPICPU' message?

All help greatly appreciated, I'm so close after spending 20 odd hours on this thing!

1) Format USB to GUID, OS X extended (journaled)

2) Install high sierra to the USB using command: sudo "/Applications/Install macOS High Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia" --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath "/Applications/Install macOS High Sierra.app" --nointeraction

3) Use clover install package v2.4k_r4497to install to USB with Install clover for UEFI booting only, Install clover to the ESP, AptioMemoryFix and AptioInputFix

4) Install the following kexts to EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other FakeSMC IntelMausiEthernet (release v2-2018-0424) USBInjectAll (v2018-0420) AppleALC (v1.2.6) Lilu (v1.2.3) NvidiaGraphicsFixup (v1.2.6)

5) Use clover vibrant edition 4.60.1.0 to Select SMBIOS, iMac 18.2 Click generate new serial number Open terminal, run uuidgen, paste into SmUUID field Copy Board serial into MLB field (under RT variables tab) Set Rom field to UseMacAddr0, BooterConfig field to 0x28 Set CsrActiveConfig to 0x3E7

6) Edit config.plist per skylake/kabylake instructions

7) Copy config.plist to USB

8) Boot macOS from USB

9) Format target drive to MacOS extended journaled

10) Install macOS

11) Upon reboot, select USB again

12) Boot macOS install from target drive

13) Upon reboot, select USB again

14) Boot macOS from target drive

15) Copied EFI folder from USB to hard drive

16) Downloaded and installed Nvidia Web Driver 387.10.10.10.30.106

Please guys? Surely one of the talented folk in here would have some things I could try?

Please guys? Surely one of the talented folk in here would have some things I could try?
It is probably a misconfigured config.plist, attach it.

It is probably a misconfigured config.plist, attach it.

I can attach the plist from the USB which is the same, but how can I access the one from the hackintosh hard drive given I can’t login?

I can attach the plist from the USB which is the same, but how can I access the one from the hackintosh hard drive given I can’t login?
The one that you are booting with is the only one that is relevant.

The one that you are booting with is the only one that is relevant.

I’m booting from the hackintosh hard drive. After selecting that hard drive in clover, I’m getting that error message. How can I copy the config.plist to post here when I’m unable to login?

Appreciate your help!

Here'a s copy of the config, with serial numbers etc deleted

Attachments

• config copy.txt
    3.9 KB · Views: 210
Here'a s copy of the config, with serial numbers etc deleted

• The error message you have paraphrased (instead of taking a picture of the boot screen and uploading the image of that for folks who can read the entire screen and pick up relevant text for diagnostic interpretation) "kext stall 'AppleACPICPU' message " points to a problem with the CLOVER folder contents from the booting System disk.
  • The problem is possibly related to drivers (kexts) of some hardware in that computer you have ENABLED/DISABLED in the BIOS to be used in conjunction with the /Library /Extensions and /or /System/Library/Extensions folder or the CLOVER/kexts/Other Folder of the booting System Disk and how you have configured your Clover/config.plist to make use of the drivers during boot.
  • In your post #1 where you have listed what steps you have previously followed leading up to the boot error, you had mentioned you had copied the EFI folder from your USB installer Disk to the EFI partition of the System Disk it had created.
  • If you can upload the EFI folder from your USB installer as well as the BIOS options you have chosen to boot this disk, there is a good chance we can come up with a diagnosis and offer the next best step to resolve the issue.
  • Instead of trying to type out what you think may be relevant on a verbose boot screen, I suggest you boot the System from Clover Boot Manager (CBM Screen in Verbose Mode ( with -v boot flag) and take the picture(s) of any suspicious screen and upload with your message to the Forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back