Contribute
Register

Kext Not Authentic; Omitting (Fix this and I'll have a Sony ML Hackintosh)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Sony VPCEC390X
CPU
i5
Graphics
integrated AMD Radeon
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have a Sony VPCEC390X Laptop Running Intel i5 & ATI 5xxx Graphics

After countless hours and some luck, I was able to create a bootable usb drive to make it to the mac installer on ML.
To get this far I needed to use a customized IOPCIFamily.kext
during the install, 3 minutes to the finish line, this kext is called on but I am guessing the permissions are wrong so it is flagged by the installer: IOPCIFamily.kext is not authentic; omitting
Then the installer tries to call on it and fails since it has been omitted...
So.
Is there a way to fix the permissions of this kext in terminal? Or am I just going about this all wrong.

PS
To get to the installer I run these:
-v -x -f -F USBLegacyOff=Yes pci=off GraphicsEnabler=No

Thanks in advance for any help or time.

Toby

If you can get to the installer, you can use Disk Utility to repair permissions. It's in the utilities menu up top. Have you tried that? There is a terminal command but I think Disk Util does the same thing (Can't remember the cmd)

Indeed I thought the same thing. I was unable to find much on this topic probably because I am not too sure this is where kexts are supposed to be edited but I went into terminal and did the following once I got into my Extensions directory:

chmod 775 IOPCIFamily.kext
chown root:wheel IOPCIFamily.kext

For each of those entries I got the following response from terminal respectively:

Unable to change file mode on IOPCIFamily.kext: Read Only File System
&
Read Only File System

I am so close I can taste it. Thanks for the suggestion.

As it's in the system folder, you may need to put "sudo" in front of your commands, but as you won't yet have an administrators password, I don't know if it will work. But it should work if you boot with -s to run single user (admin only) mode. You get terminal then and you can run your commands from there? Maybe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back