CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I guess I have kext problems...anyone know what all this means? might this have to do why my gpu doesn't show?
And is it normal that in my System/Library/Extensions I have all kinds of kexts?

HKYs-iMac:~ hky$ defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -boolean true ; killall Finder

HKYs-iMac:~ hky$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Password:

AppleALC.kext has no Info.plist file.

XHCI-200-series-injector.kext has no Info.plist file.

NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext has no Info.plist file.

FakePCIID.kext has no Info.plist file.

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f9869c69240 [0x7fff81f41af0]> { URL = "FakeSMC.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f98699c5080 [0x7fff81f41af0]> { URL = "AppleALC.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.vit9696.AppleALC" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f986b052810 [0x7fff81f41af0]> { URL = "Lilu.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.vit9696.Lilu" }

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7f9869c68c70 [0x7fff81f41af0]> { URL = "IntelGraphicsFixup.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.lvs1974.IntelGraphicsFixup" }

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7f98699bd3b0 [0x7fff81f41af0]> { URL = "IntelGraphicsFixup.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.lvs1974.IntelGraphicsFixup" }

IntelGraphicsFixup.kext does not authenticate; omitting.

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7f9867d50770 [0x7fff81f41af0]> { URL = "USBInjectAll.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.rehabman.driver.USBInjectAll" }

USBInjectAll.kext does not authenticate; omitting.

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f9867fd0cd0 [0x7fff81f41af0]> { URL = "WhateverGreen.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.vit9696.WhateverGreen" }

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7f9867e10350 [0x7fff81f41af0]> { URL = "Lilu.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.vit9696.Lilu" }

Lilu.kext does not authenticate; omitting.

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f9867d00880 [0x7fff81f41af0]> { URL = "FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.injector.FakePCIID-Intel-HD-Graphics" }

KernelCache ID: 1BC187CF9F7181720DEE4AC820D02BBD

HKYs-iMac:~ hky$

I guess I have kext problems...anyone know what all this means? might this have to do why my gpu doesn't show?
And is it normal that in my System/Library/Extensions I have all kinds of kexts?

HKYs-iMac:~ hky$ defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -boolean true ; killall Finder

HKYs-iMac:~ hky$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Password:

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f9869c69240 [0x7fff81f41af0]> { URL = "FakeSMC.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f98699c5080 [0x7fff81f41af0]> { URL = "AppleALC.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.vit9696.AppleALC" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f986b052810 [0x7fff81f41af0]> { URL = "Lilu.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.vit9696.Lilu" }

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7f9869c68c70 [0x7fff81f41af0]> { URL = "IntelGraphicsFixup.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.lvs1974.IntelGraphicsFixup" }

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7f98699bd3b0 [0x7fff81f41af0]> { URL = "IntelGraphicsFixup.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.lvs1974.IntelGraphicsFixup" }

IntelGraphicsFixup.kext does not authenticate; omitting.

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7f9867d50770 [0x7fff81f41af0]> { URL = "USBInjectAll.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.rehabman.driver.USBInjectAll" }

USBInjectAll.kext does not authenticate; omitting.

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f9867fd0cd0 [0x7fff81f41af0]> { URL = "WhateverGreen.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.vit9696.WhateverGreen" }

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7f9867e10350 [0x7fff81f41af0]> { URL = "Lilu.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.vit9696.Lilu" }

Lilu.kext does not authenticate; omitting.

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f9867d00880 [0x7fff81f41af0]> { URL = "FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.injector.FakePCIID-Intel-HD-Graphics" }

KernelCache ID: 1BC187CF9F7181720DEE4AC820D02BBD

HKYs-iMac:~ hky$
because you haven't installed them properly

delete them and then in terminal:

Code:
sudo cp -R KextToInstall /Library/Extensions

cp: KextToInstall: No such file or directory

and what now

because you haven't installed them properly

delete them and then in terminal:

Code:
sudo cp -R KextToInstall /Library/Extensions

outcome->

now I get it but what happens when one kext doesn't show..it says no such file or directory..where do I have to put them

Last edited:
outcome->

and what now
you replace the text KextToInstall with the name of the kext

or

sudo cp -R <drag kext in this window> /Library/Extensions

you replace the text KextToInstall with the name of the kext

or

sudo cp -R <drag kext in this window> /Library/Extensions

dude you are awesome, thx for the fast reply...but which kexts do I need in library extensions...I thought all of them just belong in efi/clover/kexts

Last edited:
dude you are awesome, thx for the fast reply...but which kexts do I need in library extensions...I thought all of them just belong in efi/clover/kexts
essential kexts belong in clover/kexts/other

and then all kexts you need belong in /Library/Extensions

config.plist -> InjectKexts should be set to Detect

you can read a little more about kexts and where they belong here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...er-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/#post-917904
(scroll down a little :) )

essential kexts belong in clover/kexts/other

and then all kexts you need belong in /Library/Extensions

config.plist -> InjectKexts should be set to Detect

you can read a little more about kexts and where they belong here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...er-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/#post-917904
(scroll down a little :) )

thank you..well I have all of them in clover...no idea what is essential..but might this be a reason why my igpu doesn't work, uhd 630..everytime I tried something from this forum I got white black pixels

but it does say laptop in the link you posted..

in config.plist it is set to detect..since I am new to all this it is still like rocket science, but thank you very much

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-05 at 14.04.30.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-05 at 14.04.30.png
    71.8 KB · Views: 300
thank you..well I have all of them in clover...no idea what is essential..but might this be a reason why my igpu doesn't work, uhd 630..everytime I tried something from this forum I got white black pixels

but it does say laptop in the link you posted..

in config.plist it is set to detect..since I am new to all this it is still like rocket science, but thank you very much

kexts in clover/kexts/other is for installation and macOS updates

FakeSMC.kext is considered essential as without that, you wouldn't have a working machine

AppleALC is to make your audio work, and you don't need audio to get to the installer so that would be classed as non essential

you only need one network kext in clover/kexts/other, remove the ones that are not relevant in your machine, then remove AppleALC from clover/kexts/other

then install all the kexts from clover/kexts/other to /Library/Extensions (and keep the the kexts in clover/kexts/other)

AppleALC would belong in /Library/Extensions

i noticed you have aps.efi in clover/kexts/other, that is not a kext and shouldn't be in there, that belongs in drivers64UEFI folder

hope that hasn't confused you too much :)

kexts in clover/kexts/other is for installation and macOS updates

FakeSMC.kext is considered essential as without that, you wouldn't have a working machine

AppleALC is to make your audio work, and you don't need audio to get to the installer so that would be classed as non essential

you only need one network kext in clover/kexts/other, remove the ones that are not relevant in your machine, then remove AppleALC from clover/kexts/other

then install all the kexts from clover/kexts/other to /Library/Extensions (and keep the the kexts in clover/kexts/other)

AppleALC would belong in /Library/Extensions

i noticed you have aps.efi in clover/kexts/other, that is not a kext and shouldn't be in there, that belongs in drivers64UEFI folder

hope that hasn't confused you too much :)

Not at all thx, I have been struggling for 2 weeks now with this igpu..hope to get it working soon! so what about the FakePCIID and the FakePCIID IntelHDGraphics kext, they belong to library then too right?

so in the end there is only FakeSMC in the efi folder, nothing else?

there is also another efi folder in my efi folder, should I delete that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back