Graphics
AMD
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have been running my hackintosh for the past few months and have been loving it. Recently, the audio output on the computer failed and I noticed that I couldn't select anything in the preferences. I took multi boot and reloaded the driver which seemed to work but then suffered a Kernel Panic.
I took a usb that I created from unibeast but it too suffered a Kernel Panic when trying to boot into the system. I still had my copy of iboot and tried that and of course had another Kernel Panic.
The system goes to the bootloader fine and only suffers the panic when it begins to load the system itself.
I can't seem to track down the problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Update: I tried to boot into safe mode and it appears to load but then it gets stuck on a gray screen. I read somewhere that could be caused by VD-T however this is not the case here.

Since you had a working system, I'd say that the first thing you need to do is go into Disk Utility and verify the disk. Then, run permissions. That could be all it is. Occasionally, sectors will go bad on a disk and will mess you up if they are needed for the system or Library.

Regarding Audio, It's a good idea, when the Sound app in System Preferences doesn't show any inputs or outputs, to go into System Information. The easiest way to get there is to click on the apple at the top of the screen and roll down to "About this Mac", click on "More Info" in the dialog box and then "System Report." Click on "Audio" to verify that the system can see your devices and their functions. Often, just clicking here will remind System Preferences of what you have available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back