Contribute
Register

Kernel Panics Without iBoot (Asus P7P55D-E DSDT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
My system was working flawlessly until I attempted to use the new custom DSDT from the Database. I'm currently running 10.6.7, and my mobo is an ASUS P7P55D-E (BIOS ver. 1504). Before I used the DSDT, I trashed the Extra folder so I could start fresh. In Multibeast I selected the DSDT option, System Utilities option, and the AppleHDARollback. Multibeast did it's thing, and everything seemed fine until I restarted. Now every time I try booting from the HDD I experience Kernel Panics. If I use the iBoot CD however, I can boot into my system without any problems. Has anyone else experienced this, and found a solution? Any help would be wonderful.

Try removing DSDT.aml from Extras folder. The new DSDT in the database is making some ASUS P7P55 systems unbootable.

Thanks, I ended up just trashing the Extras folder and rerunning EastBeast. Hopefully the DSDT's will soon be fixed, but until then I would encourage anyone who is thinking of using them to hold off until further testing has been done.

Looks like we have the same specs and I was successful at installing the new dsdt from the database.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back