Graphics
ATI Radeon HD 6800
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've successfully installed Mac OS X 10.6 but any time I try to run MacOSXUpdCombo10.6.8.dmg it gets to the very end, "Registering Updated Components," with less than a minute remaining then kernel panics. And, since it's an OS update, the kernel panic ruins the OS and I have to start over and reinstall Snow Leopard.
I've also tried using the 10.6.4 combo update but it would not mount.

i have the same problem. however in my case, i'm using a different MoBo, it's an ecs h61h2-m2. using an NVIDIA 9400 GT a single 500GB drive with one partition. even trying to boot with iBoot won't work, it gets stuck at the gray apple screen with no loading animation

DubOfOz said:
I've successfully installed Mac OS X 10.6 but any time I try to run MacOSXUpdCombo10.6.8.dmg it gets to the very end, "Registering Updated Components," with less than a minute remaining then kernel panics. And, since it's an OS update, the kernel panic ruins the OS and I have to start over and reinstall Snow Leopard.
I've also tried using the 10.6.4 combo update but it would not mount.

Take a look at UpdateHelper in the download section of the forum for Sandy Bridge systems.

You need to use updatehelper before you go to 10.6.8, REBOOT, install 10.6.8. COMBO and use MB and reboot off HD.

doing a fresh install.. will update you with my progress later... thanks guys.

--- Update ----

Guys, I thank you... my system is now fully working.. :)

note, after installing updatehelper, you may get stuck in the bluescreen for a few minutes.. just wait it out.. :)

--- Update ---

can't get my ethernet to work which works perfectly after fresh install of 10.6

Gripitoy said:
doing a fresh install.. will update you with my progress later... thanks guys.

--- Update ----

Guys, I thank you... my system is now fully working.. :)

note, after installing updatehelper, you may get stuck in the bluescreen for a few minutes.. just wait it out.. :)

--- Update ---

can't get my ethernet to work which works perfectly after fresh install of 10.6

Did you try Lnx2mac Ethernet driver?

http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com/p/realtekrt ... river.html

make a back up of the functioning 10.6

then you don't have to start over every time... you can just restore what was there previously.

i have everything working finally.. from audio to ethernet.

Mobo: ECS H61H2-M2
Chip: Intel i3-2100
Graphics: Nvidia 9400 GT
USB Wifi: RT73

it turns out i have an atheros AR8132 Ethernet Controller.. thanks guys for the help.. :D

Gripitoy said:
i have everything working finally.. from audio to ethernet.

I was able to get everything working using the UpdateHelper and the Lnx2mac Ethernet driver but I'm still not getting any audio. What was your fix for audio?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back