i5-8400
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi there,

I tried to get my system reading out the temps from my GTX 660Ti, so I installed the newest FakeSMC, as the Mainboard and nVidia Plugins from Multibeast. As this didn't effect anything, I installed another nvidiaclock-kext from the web(can't find it right now), since then I can't boot anymore. Have deleted that kext via booting into Windows, but still no change. It's booting to the loading-screen with the Apple-Logo and the loading-circle, but just keeps loading, doesn't seem to do anything.(also can hear the other HDDs falling to sleep). Same with -x flag set.

Tried to load with -s flag, but no command line opening.
Loading with -F doesn't effect anything to.

Could often read some error : IntelCPUMonitor: Can't add key to fake SMC device, kext will not load.

somtimes I even get KP with IntelCPUMonitor and fakeSMC conflicted.

Any ideas how to solve this problem? Have read it would help to reinstall fakeSMC via multibeast, but for that I have to get that thing booting again...

so I tried to replace the fakesmc.kext with the one from http://www.osx86.net/view/2425-fakesmc_v4_and_plugins.html in booted Windows, booted with -f -> KPed, tried with UseKernelCache=No flag, again the never ending loading screen...

getting out of ideas...

please anybody, no ideas? I realy need that machine...

You said you can get at the drive from Windows. Do you have any backups of the working Extensions folder, then boot with a -f ('ignore kernel caches')?

Hi there,

I tried to get my system reading out the temps from my GTX 660Ti, so I installed the newest FakeSMC, as the Mainboard and nVidia Plugins from Multibeast. As this didn't effect anything, I installed another nvidiaclock-kext from the web(can't find it right now), since then I can't boot anymore. Have deleted that kext via booting into Windows, but still no change. It's booting to the loading-screen with the Apple-Logo and the loading-circle, but just keeps loading, doesn't seem to do anything.(also can hear the other HDDs falling to sleep). Same with -x flag set.

Tried to load with -s flag, but no command line opening.
Loading with -F doesn't effect anything to.

Could often read some error : IntelCPUMonitor: Can't add key to fake SMC device, kext will not load.

somtimes I even get KP with IntelCPUMonitor and fakeSMC conflicted.

Any ideas how to solve this problem? Have read it would help to reinstall fakeSMC via multibeast, but for that I have to get that thing booting again...

It sounds like you didn't remove the kexts that are part of slice's FakeSMC (the plugins) when you updated to kozlek's. IntelCPUMonitor depends on slice's branch of FakeSMC.kext (kozlek's is just CPUSensors.kext). It should not be used with kozlek's FakeSMC.kext branch. There could be others that you need to remove, including ACPISensors.kext, RadeonX.kext. Normally for slice's version those exist right in /S/L/E, whereas on kozlek's branch they are tucked away in the FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns.

Also, I'm seeing instability with kozlek's branch, especially ACPISensors.kext, so I would avoid the PlugIns completely until that is sorted out a bit more.

@persondude 27: I just have a Timemachine backup, will look up if i can get the kexts from there...

@RehabMan: could you give me a link to an up-to-date version of slice's version? and what exactly would I have to remove than to get it work again?

so, I replaced the Extension folder with an older version out of my Timemachine backups, still same problem: with -f flag, KP, and with UseKernelCache=No it's loading and loading and loading...

I'm actually thinking of formating the drive and replace it with my TM backup, will I have to fear any complications then? Is it realy that easy? Reload the backup and run MultiBeast?

@persondude 27: I just have a Timemachine backup, will look up if i can get the kexts from there...

@RehabMan: could you give me a link to an up-to-date version of slice's version? and what exactly would I have to remove than to get it work again?

First thing to try would be to remove all Plugins dependent on slice branch of FakeSMC.kext.

Code:
# in Terminal
sudo rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/IntelCPUMonitor.kext
sudo rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/RadeonX.kext
sudo rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/ACPISensors.ket
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

That should leave with just the 'new' FakeSMC + PlugIns (unless there are some slice PlugIns I'm not familiar with).
Good idea to fix permissions & rebuild caches after that.
Then reboot and see what happens.
If you still have issues with the new FakeSMC plugins, then remove them too...

Code:
# in Terminal
sudo rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns

For slice's branch, I build from sources @: https://www.assembla.com/code/fakesmc/subversion/nodes

But how should I get into Terminal, when I can't boot? :(

First thing to try would be to remove all Plugins dependent on slice branch of FakeSMC.kext.

Code:
# in Terminal
sudo rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/IntelCPUMonitor.kext
sudo rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/RadeonX.kext
sudo rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/ACPISensors.ket

looked S/L/E up in Windows, but there are no of this kexts...

I just restored a Backup from TM, and finally it's loading again! Just one problem left: I reinstalled Chimera via MultiBeast, which is starting while booting, but when I come to the grey loadingscreen, it just instantly restarts the whole PC. Booting from the USB stick and selecting my harddrive works well, OSX than boots fine...

any ideas how to solve this?

stupid me, downloaded MultiBeast for SL :D

set back again with a backup, and reinstalled Multibeast for ML, now everything seems to work perfect again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back