Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
All, if - as new to hackintosh you experience kernel panics and the grey screen of not very much – which to be honest is more likely to be a question of ‘when’ as opposed to ‘if’, then check out the following posting on YouTube and listen carefully. This guy just reduced my bro’-in-law and my cycle time to build significantly.
There is some good common sense in there, which as IT geeks for many years, Apple owners for 10 of those, Linux aware users of 5+ does indeed stack up. Especially the use of separate drives (not new news I appreciate, but their load up), the single user mode and ESPECIALLY the use of down arrow at time of load taking you into the kernel options…now that is worth its weight in gold. It will get you past that grey screen.
I won’t repeat it here – the credits go to the author, not me. Nothing he suggests contravenes that which I have read on this forum over several weeks – but it may get you there faster. If the info is duplicated, then please forgive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDw3RhLW ... D567CC286C
If that doesn’t work then search for deanwrayUK and the 2 vids titled Hack – Basic Intro to Kernel Panics and Hangs…then of even better value, Hack – Basic Intro to Bootloader and Repairs.
Good luck – and above all – have fun!

My name is actually Dean "Wray" :) youtube is deanwrayUK ;)

I stand corrected Dean...and do apologise....it's him - go look ;-)

frosty2012

I agree with you whole heartly on using these videos by deanwrayUK
I have posted several links to users in this forum for getting understanding on
the many aspects of understanding iboot and multibeast

Note to TonyMac and MacMan
suggest if you have time to review these deanwrayUK vids on utube and if you think the
information is presented is correct could you add some links on you site to link to these vids so that users can see these and others such as myself can post a where to go for those that need a clearer understanding of iBoot and MultiBeast

thanks

tote

If you go to the main page http://tonymacx86.com/ and click on "videos" on the left hand side. My videos are actually in the list. Also they were mentioned on the blog.

BTW : Planning to do more shortly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back